Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2008, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,603 times

Advertisements

Okay me and my husband will be moving to Ft. Hood soon. And I have no clue what I'm suppose to be doing? Housing post? off post? I'm completely lost. And we have our 10 mth old so I really need help in finding out information..please,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 05:31 PM

24 posts, read 123,591 times
We have lived here for 3 years now. Most likely post housing will have a long waitlist. Also they base how many children you have on where you live. So one child pretty much means you'll get the old small housing. I recommend off post. You can rent a nice place within your BAH with the market the way it is. There is an abundance of homes for sale at low prices, as well as rental properties. We are moving next month and put our house for lease since if we were to sale we'd LOSE money. I also want to recommend mothers and more. They are a great club to be apart of especially with a small child. They have play groups, moms night out, mom & tot outings, brunch once a month. It's a great support during deployments too which is pretty much a sure thing here. I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 PM

4 posts, read 19,774 times
Living on post isn't a bad idea. That way you can get to know the area and find areas that you like and then decide to move off later if you want. The benefits to living on post are A. Free! Can't beat that. B. the only utilities you will have are phone and cable. C. if you husband gets deployed you will be around other military people that understand what you are going through. Not that you wouldn't find military people off post but living on post can be nice when you are new and alone.

I would see if there is a waiting list. We waited 8 months for a house on post at Ft. Bragg.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Old 04-04-2008, 07:08 AM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,706,628 times
I have a good friend who is a realtor and an army wife with kids...She will gladly talk you through all you need. She lives in Kileen and is very active with the base.
If you would like to contact her, let me know via this thread or private message me for contact info
a
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: