Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 11:12 AM

716 posts, read 536,299 times

Advertisements

i know alot about austin you tool i go there 2-3 times a month and i see the beggars very trip

they may be dropped off but they stay because of the free handouts from the liberals who think they are doing them a favor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2018, 01:02 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,571,213 times
Hahaha. So incredibly clueless. It’s a shame the education system failed you so badly.

The issue with homeless is so incredibly complex - and something that every large city will struggle through.

To the OP’s issue, I’ve always found that a quit hit of the wipers/washing fluid as they walk up does the trick.

Old 12-29-2018, 03:07 PM

12,920 posts, read 13,254,089 times
Austin is blessed with almost unlimited resources to aid & cater to the homeless while the surrounding communities do not, so it seems compassionate for those “scumbags” to send them to the caring Capital City.

Old 12-29-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Austin is blessed with almost unlimited resources to aid & cater to the homeless while the surrounding communities do not, so it seems compassionate for those “scumbags” to send them to the caring Capital City.
What a crock of garbage. Steaming pile of fecal matter.

Your kind are the ones that are to blame for the death of Haruka Weiser. You know, the girl that was killed by a homeless teen that was “compassionately” relocated.

You NIMBY folks are the absolute worst. DO something about a problem, don’t just pass it down the road.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:00 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,503,986 times
The only useless people I hear about in Austin are the ones who spend hours complaining about people they don't know, making up reasons why they are homeless, pronouncing others as worthless yet doing nothing to help anyone but themselves. These people are easily manipulated by the web and are ripe for abuse on social networks due to their gullibility.

They prevent solutions and waste time and some of them are the wealthy people who build buildings and make profits off average people and cause the poorer people to sometimes end up homeless due to their greedy ways, yet never admit to it.

Now, the homeless squeeggee people-they make an honest effort to work and I can respect that.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:37 AM

Honest? Lol

Austin asked, and y’all are receiving. So why the whining about it?

Old 12-30-2018, 07:58 AM

716 posts, read 536,299 times
lol man so much hatred - someone needs more meds

the issue is not complex - the vast majority are self inflected drug addicts who made that choice - these tools make more money and get free crap from those who give it day in and day out

why work if i can plan handle make my fix money? why dont we see as many window washers in Round Rock, Georgetown, Dallas and i can on and on? simple Austinites feed them and put up with that crap -

you dont need a PHD to figure it out - lazy sobs will leave if they dont get the freebie crap you people keep handling out every day

Old 12-30-2018, 08:38 AM

Sanctuary City fans complaining about the consequences of their beloved policies and blaming others? No wai!
Sounds like that clueless South Austin woman whining on TV about her increased property taxes earlier this year. She couldn't understand why she was being taxed out of her Bouldin neighborhood, especially after she had voted for every bond for year issue to "make Austin a better place to live".

Old 12-30-2018, 04:00 PM

9,843 posts, read 13,641,280 times
Homelessness IS an issue and if you think that Austin has enough resources go talk to any social worker in town-doesn’t matter the discipline. The Teo family shelters have month long waiting lists and do not house husband and wives together. If you are fleeing a domestic violence situation, good luck pulling strings at Safe place to get shelter. To even be considered for shelter you have to complete a long assessment and that ONLY gets you in the waiting list. And god forbid you have a mental illness, that makes it even worse. Integral care does their best to serve that population but it’s not enough. In addition, many people are comfortable being homeless and doing these types of things. There’s a thing called “stages of change” and if someone isn’t ready to be housed, they can’t be helped. Housing and homelessness isn’t just an Austin issue, it’s a nationwide issue with local response. Austin tries, but it’s not enough.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:52 PM

It’s a good thing I’m way younger and in way better health than the simpletons in this thread. The saving grace for these issues will be the fact that they’ll die off and people capable of independent and complex thought will be able to devise plans statewide for dealing with this issue. It really can’t be handled on the local level, or you create magnets that result in NIMBY scumbags dumping their problems on others.

I’d be willing to bet thousands of dollars that none of the people bemoaning the homeless problem in this thread can provide any documented instance that they’ve tried to do anything at all about the problem. If all you do is complain about something, that just makes you a *****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin