Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 02:24 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
You really need to get out more.
Where to?

Old 12-21-2018, 04:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,691,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Where to?
Nuremberg, Prague, or Vienna have monumental Christmas festivals.

I the states, Vail, Breck and Aspen have great Christmas events.

I'm just busting your chops. Sounded for a bit like you were the President of the Natchitoches tourism board.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:06 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,890,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Nuremberg, Prague, or Vienna have monumental Christmas festivals.

I the states, Vail, Breck and Aspen have great Christmas events.

I'm just busting your chops. Sounded for a bit like you were the President of the Natchitoches tourism board.
I haven't been to Europe nor Colorado for Christmas events. I don't like cold and snow so Natchitoches is fine for me. Those cities are all great though.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:22 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,510,717 times
[quote=austin-steve;53878398]For my 50+ peers and comrades at or nearing retirement, what is your escape destination when you finally hit the Eject button on the ever evolving Clown Rodeo Austin has become?

What? Did you really post this Austin-Steve? All my anti-Aiustin posts you defended austin and said it was the best and you thought more houses should be sold by you and things were booming.

What happened to change your mind?????

I plan on staying here as long as possible but eventually, hopefully will vacate for the summers and go somewhere north or east coast or west coast, maybe switch every year. Things would have to improve for me financially though.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:18 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,056,449 times
[quote=creepy;54041798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin-steve View Post
For my 50+ peers and comrades at or nearing retirement, what is your escape destination when you finally hit the Eject button on the ever evolving Clown Rodeo Austin has become?

What? Did you really post this Austin-Steve? All my anti-Aiustin posts you defended austin and said it was the best and you thought more houses should be sold by you and things were booming.

What happened to change your mind?????

I plan on staying here as long as possible but eventually, hopefully will vacate for the summers and go somewhere north or east coast or west coast, maybe switch every year. Things would have to improve for me financially though.
Ha, well, it is possible for one to hold two conflicting beliefs simultaneously. It's called a Love/Hate relationship. I have that with Austin. It's turning me into a grumpy old man.

Old 01-03-2019, 11:51 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,657 times
I completely understand Austin-Steve's love/hate relationship with Austin. We left six years ago because everything we loved about Austin (going to concerts/dinner, etc.) became twice as hard to do because of all the crowds and traffic. We lived 10 minutes from downtown, yet it would often take 30 minutes or more to go down there. We also got really tired of the long, hot summers.

We started taking trips to California (non-stop flights to San Jose) where we would rent a car and just explore. Found the Central Coast and never looked back. We're retired so jobs aren't an issue and we bought a house with the cash we got from selling our Austin home. We have great weather, great friends, no traffic, and about 200 wineries in the area. Really glad we made the move.

We will always love the time we had in Austin but it was time to go. Good luck to you, Austin-Steve, and I hope you find your happy place.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:45 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
I completely understand Austin-Steve's love/hate relationship with Austin. We left six years ago because everything we loved about Austin (going to concerts/dinner, etc.) became twice as hard to do because of all the crowds and traffic. We lived 10 minutes from downtown, yet it would often take 30 minutes or more to go down there. We also got really tired of the long, hot summers.

We started taking trips to California (non-stop flights to San Jose) where we would rent a car and just explore. Found the Central Coast and never looked back. We're retired so jobs aren't an issue and we bought a house with the cash we got from selling our Austin home. We have great weather, great friends, no traffic, and about 200 wineries in the area. Really glad we made the move.

We will always love the time we had in Austin but it was time to go. Good luck to you, Austin-Steve, and I hope you find your happy place.
Glad to see you are still around (even if not in Austin)! Didn't you live north-central (Allandale, maybe)?

Old 01-03-2019, 01:00 PM

2,269 posts, read 7,333,657 times
Hi Trainwreck! We lived in Rosedale, just south of Allandale.

Old 01-03-2019, 03:06 PM

44 posts, read 43,877 times
Sounds like you are near Paso Robles - great area that I started visiting 20 years ago and has now really grown into a great area to live and visit.

Old 01-04-2019, 07:24 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,056,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTraveler View Post
Hi Trainwreck! We lived in Rosedale, just south of Allandale.
Ugghh, must've been hard to leave Rosedale. One of my favorite neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin