U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 07:16 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,358,346 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Last night I think my daughter 4 yrs old was coming close to being a victim of a sex offender and let me tell you why.

8:00 P.M.

My wife and daughter decided to go to Wal-Mart to pick a few things up.

At around 8:20 P.M. I called my wife and asked if she could pick-up 2 oven pizzas in the grocery section.
As this time, my wife kind of whispered in the cell phone to me that she felt that the guy about 10’ from her was stocking them.

At around 8:25 P.M. my wife calls me when she gets to the register to pay for the stuff and old me that the same guy that was at the cosmetics when I called @ 8:20 was at the pizza area @ 8:25.

((Now if you know, the cosmetic area and groceries area is on the other side of Wal-Mart.))

To “TOP IT OFF” when my wife was at the register to pay for the stuff that same creepy man was about two registers away from her and he kept looking back at her. Then as the guy left, he was walking really, really slow.

At around 8:33 P.M. I got the call when she was at the register. I told her to stay put and I am coming and when I get there (Wal-Mart) I told her I was going to wait by the grocery side outside doors. When I was observing what cars / people was around, I notice a newer Maroon Honda Accord Sedan that kept on circling the parking lot and say the guy kept looking around as if he was LOST. It was very noticeable!!

I called my wife at about 8:40 P.M. and asked what color shirt was “HE” wearing and my wife said “GREEN”; I then asked when she was coming out and she said the cash register was having problems. So give in take it was about 12-15 minutes until she came outside of Wal-Mart.

~ As she walked passed me @ about 8:47 P.M. I kind of observed what was around and since this predator had already been waiting for almost 15 minutes, I figure that he lost her and took off.

All –
Austenite and Cedar Park / Leander residents keep your eyes OPEN! I think we have a sexual predator that I almost caught. My Heart Rate was pump, I was carrying (Don’t worry I am registered to do so) and I really wanted to catch him!

I think this guy wanted to follow where we lived that way he can kind of camp around and see if my daughter would be caught slipping playing in the yard w/o around. Lucky as we left I looked around and no other headlights or maroon Honda Accord in site.

At the end, YES I was not able to catch him (only if my wife would have answered the phone as I wanted to know what this FREAK was wearing).
All just watch out, I did check the sex offender’s webpage:

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DP...tal/index.aspx

and we did not find him on that site.

I figure I share our little incident on her for the folks w/ young kids and especially the one’s with daughters and watch out and observe always!!
I am sure this guy will do it again!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 07:19 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,358,346 times
Oh - also I did call Cedar Park police dept and they are going to get the servalance camera recordings also.

God Bless all.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:45 AM

9,247 posts, read 25,371,769 times
Thanks for posting that. I'll keep my eyes open. Even though I don't live in that particular area, we do go there to different parks, so good info

Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,212,680 times
Thanks Mike. I will definitely keep my eyes wide open.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:06 PM

17 posts, read 41,306 times
How scary!! Thank God nothing happened!!

Old 04-07-2008, 02:38 PM

1,961 posts, read 5,813,548 times
Thanks for the post. Very scary. I've found that Cell phone cameras are helpful in this circumstance. If you are in this situation, have you wife hold the phone like she is going to take a picture. I would take it anyway. At the checkout or any employee counter they have a code in the stores for predators to call out and lock down the doors. I believe that Walmart was in fact one of the first to do this. Code Adam I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin