Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 05:24 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,633,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Al View Post
As for assuming a gay couple is liberal, it's not always a slam dunk. My sister is in a same-sex marriage and both are conservative Republicans.
That is why I said liberal on that issue and never mentioned party affiliation .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 05:31 AM

724 posts, read 529,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
That is why I said liberal on that issue and never mentioned party affiliation .
So many people can’t tell the difference anymore.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:18 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
since anecdotes are becoming data. I think conservatives actually are pretty good about keeping quiet, especially in this climate. But my liberal neighbors have no problem discussing how much they hate trump.

Conservatives on my facebook feeds are almost silent on politics. I get regular liberal posts from my liberal friends about the latest thing they hate about trump. They will unfriend you if they find out you like trump.

So I can see where the OP is coming from. It has even reached the point where if you like trump you will be ostracized and there is a risk that people will try to get you fired or shut your business down.

Witness the andrews principal that just got fired

Attacks by liberals on the UT campus
https://www.foxnews.com/us/leftist-m...ting-kavanaugh

Most tech companies lean liberal, conservative employees feel silenced (I do think politics has no place at work)
https://www.recode.net/2018/9/14/178...trump-politics

Of course historically conservatives have done the same thing. Ultimately most people are authoritarian if they can get away with it.
Trump, regardless of affiliation, is simply unlikable. He's a polarizing character to say the least. People can argue the same about Hilary Clinton. As a New Yorker, I didn't like Trump, and I don't particularly like him now. Difference is that I have many other things to deal with in my life than to harp on something that can't and won't be changed. (FWIW, I'm a centrist, so I am squarely in the middle).

I personally think that everyone needs to be "silenced" when it comes to politics.

Old 04-17-2019, 09:21 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Why do you care what politics your neighbors participate in? Worried about their religion too? Quit the BS and get along. Is it that tough?

Old 04-18-2019, 06:39 AM

716 posts, read 539,606 times
its simple -my neighbors who are conservative and religious do things alot different from liberal progressives - like keep their yards kept and green as they appreciate what they worked their butts off and respect others in the hood who have the same values

its not just about voting - its a way one lives and conductes themselves with thier neighbors

Old 04-18-2019, 08:39 AM

5,717 posts, read 4,689,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
its simple -my neighbors who are conservative and religious do things alot different from liberal progressives - like keep their yards kept and green as they appreciate what they worked their butts off and respect others in the hood who have the same values

its not just about voting - its a way one lives and conductes themselves with thier neighbors
So liberals don’t care about their yards? Silliest thing I’ve read in a long time.

Old 04-18-2019, 09:08 AM

724 posts, read 529,952 times
Quote:

Uh... what?

Old 04-18-2019, 09:54 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,429,204 times
Quote:

With so many comedians out of work you really might reconsider publishing your jokes here for free.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:27 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
DANG IT! I had to read a post THREE TIMES that I wouldn't otherwise have even seen and now the inanity is giving me a headache!

Old 04-19-2019, 12:59 PM

976 posts, read 1,057,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksoviero View Post
I'm looking for the most conservative suburb south of Austin that is within 45 minutes of downtown. Specifically, by conservative I mean non-religious conservative. Not bible thumpers. Having said that, if I had to choose between liberals and bible thumpers, I'd choose bible thumpers.

3 most hateful words in the American English language....the N word, the C word, the L word.

Thankfully, the N word is almost unanimously viewed as hateful.

On the C word, like the OP, or the L word....I doubt they even realize the hate they are spewing. Drop any of those 2 words and watch the half the room, post, etc. get defensive.

C's and L's like to proclaim...'my way is always right, your ways are always wrong and I don't even want to consider your side'.

Level headed Democrats and Republicans are fine because they have the ability to listen to the other side but my patience is growing short on Stubborn 'My Way' Conservatives and Liberals which are incapable....

OP, please don't ever come to Houston..we don't need your hateful way of thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin