Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 06:30 PM

11,681 posts, read 7,827,924 times

Advertisements

I have a cat that is acting very abnormal. He cant meow very well. His voice is hoarse and he is pawing at doors frantically for no apparent reason, and it doesnt matter what door. That and he seems very antsy.

Anyway. I've tried ZippiVet, BeeCave Animal Hospital, and Thrive Affordable Vet Care.

I did not like ZippiVet very much.
BeeCave seemed to be pretty good, but they previously diagnosed this same issue (costing me nearly $1,000 just in diagnostics) and gave me a prescription that helped for a moment but the issue came back and is worse now.

Their diagnostics came out that he is perfectly healthy at the time and I'm concerned they may be missing something so I want another opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 07:52 PM

949 posts, read 564,960 times
Brykerwood has treated most of my animals for over 25 years. I recently started to use burnet road animal hospital because driving to brykerwood was getting difficult due to all of the people in the area now. I think both are very good.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:31 PM

13,437 posts, read 15,360,893 times
White rock vet hospital in pflugerville

Old 09-08-2019, 11:10 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,778,829 times
Since my elderly pets are now gone and I have no plans of getting another, I’ll let you know of a great country vet. Dr. Woods (senior or junior) at Balcones Animal Hospital on McNeil. Dr Woods senior was our vet for 38 plus years. He, and his son, are still in the business. We’ve done business with both. When our last one died, I thanked Dr Woods for all his service and compassion, and told him that after all these years, I had no more to give. He wisely said, you know, studies show that people live longer if they have a pet, and gave me an uncharacteristic hug. He never wanted to put an animal down before all avenues had been exhausted. He was known and respected for his work with Emancipet and had received recognition for affordable pet care. I couldn’t think of anyone better to recommend. Of anything I would refer someone to in my 51 years here, it would be their practice. They don’t need your business, just letting you know.

Last edited by capcat; 09-08-2019 at 11:23 PM..

Old 09-09-2019, 08:23 AM

11,681 posts, read 7,827,924 times
Thank you for your recommendations everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capcat View Post
Since my elderly pets are now gone and I have no plans of getting another, I’ll let you know of a great country vet. Dr. Woods (senior or junior) at Balcones Animal Hospital on McNeil. Dr Woods senior was our vet for 38 plus years. He, and his son, are still in the business. We’ve done business with both. When our last one died, I thanked Dr Woods for all his service and compassion, and told him that after all these years, I had no more to give. He wisely said, you know, studies show that people live longer if they have a pet, and gave me an uncharacteristic hug. He never wanted to put an animal down before all avenues had been exhausted. He was known and respected for his work with Emancipet and had received recognition for affordable pet care. I couldn’t think of anyone better to recommend. Of anything I would refer someone to in my 51 years here, it would be their practice. They don’t need your business, just letting you know.
I went ahead and scheduled an appointment here. I have to admit these guys seem much more affordable than previous vets I've worked with.

I've had my older cats since 2011 and have taken them across the country (got them in Atlanta, moved to Seattle, California, back to Atlanta and now here). They were originally for my girlfriend at the time but things didnt work out and I ended up keeping them. I've grown pretty attached to my cats but I will have to admit they get very expensive as they get older and I feel alot of vets out there are just in it for what's in your wallet and do the minimum to keep you coming back and paying. Last year I'm pretty sure I accumulated aprox $5 grand in vet bills so in that aspect it's not very fun.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:00 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,778,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Thank you for your recommendations everyone.

I went ahead and scheduled an appointment here. I have to admit these guys seem much more affordable than previous vets I've worked with.

I've had my older cats since 2011 and have taken them across the country (got them in Atlanta, moved to Seattle, California, back to Atlanta and now here). They were originally for my girlfriend at the time but things didnt work out and I ended up keeping them. I've grown pretty attached to my cats but I will have to admit they get very expensive as they get older and I feel alot of vets out there are just in it for what's in your wallet and do the minimum to keep you coming back and paying. Last year I'm pretty sure I accumulated aprox $5 grand in vet bills so in that aspect it's not very fun.
Good luck with your kitties. Dr. Woods always made pet care affordable for me, which allowed me to take very good care of all cats and dogs I’ve owned, and even some I haven’t. I took in a dog that needed extensive surgery, not my own pup. The owner just couldn’t afford what was needed and I really couldn’t have either, but Dr. Woods Sr. made that possible. He’s the reason I felt like I could take the dog in and give it a home. She turned out to be my best buddy and some of my fondest memories. Their office isn’t conveniently located for me but, regardless, it’s where I’d go if I got another. Again, good luck.

Last edited by capcat; 09-09-2019 at 04:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin