U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-13-2020, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
9,326 posts, read 9,266,275 times
Reputation: 8434

Advertisements

What Trainwreck said. Just be ready to run after you hit those sumbiches.
I don’t like flying stingers either. Years ago a red wasp hit my forearm and it swelled up like Popeye’s.

Btw Camaro, have you gotten your Prius key problem resolved?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-13-2020, 06:14 PM
 
5,397 posts, read 2,141,344 times
Reputation: 4164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
What Trainwreck said. Just be ready to run after you hit those sumbiches.
I don’t like flying stingers either. Years ago a red wasp hit my forearm and it swelled up like Popeye’s.

Btw Camaro, have you gotten your Prius key problem resolved?
Yeah, got a new key. I was... ...fortunate (and stupid) to have left the door unlocked by mistake so the locksmith didnt necessarily have to haggle with it to get into it. Geico isn't covering the dealer installed window tint on the Camaro so I had to pay out of pocket for that which sucked.

TBH these trips to and from Atlanta are really starting to get the better of me. I'm going there too often and putting way too many miles on my vehicles and its becoming extremely exhausting going every other week. Also not only did they break into my car and loot it but I also came back dry due to the property flooding and the client wanted to reduce the price of which the seller refused to. (this would literally be my third closing attempt, 1st failed due to the attorney / client catching the virus, 2nd failed due to the riot outbreak, and now this) I left early after that happened. I was supposed to stay the rest of the week but after that happened I just had enough. Now the buyer wants to go back on contract and close next week and there's another buyer interested. I'm not 100% sure what we're going to do but its sounding like I may have to go back again next week, but I'm not taking the Camaro this time.

This is all a family orientated business and the broker cannot easily move to Texas as Texas does not have reciprocity and they don't want to retake all of their exams here in TX so they keep everything in GA and live and work between both states much like myself but it is vastly dysfunctional and I've expressed my concerns about how I can't keep this up forever. I've beenable to do it for so long to this point because I had the ability to work remotely at my last job and of course now because I'm unemployed but the whole window shattering thing gave me a sour taste and I'm being reminded why I left Atlanta to begin with.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 06-13-2020 at 06:23 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2020, 03:23 PM
 
5,397 posts, read 2,141,344 times
Reputation: 4164
Took a shot at those sumbich's ... ... sprayed for like 5 seconds, only hit half the nest, they swarmed, I ran... I'll be back when they calm down a bit
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2020, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
9,326 posts, read 9,266,275 times
Reputation: 8434
Range practice!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2020, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
13,617 posts, read 30,313,325 times
Reputation: 7195
Yellow jackets and scorpions are two of the only entities on this planet I cannot knowingly let live...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2020, 05:05 PM
 
5,397 posts, read 2,141,344 times
Reputation: 4164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Yellow jackets and scorpions are two of the only entities on this planet I cannot knowingly let live...
I accidentally crushed a scorpion with a 450lb 6.2L LS3 Long Block V8 while I was transporting it into my garage after I first moved here in Leander. First time I've ever seen one and I accidentally unknowingly rolled right over it with a cherry picker. Didnt notice it until I went to unload my motor and saw it on the ground smushed up.

I've got a house filled with 6 cats so I don't think I will ever see one inside.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2020, 08:05 PM
 
3,787 posts, read 6,082,389 times
Reputation: 1753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Found a wasp nest growing on the side of my house. I hate those little buggers. I'm terrified of anything that can fly and also stings but Im probably going to have to remove it myself. Anyone done this before?
Same thing here. I bought that stuff that shoots half a mile. Here is what I did: Shake can vigorously, open door, shoot, they're dead...instantly. Next day I knocked the nest down. That stuff is nasty!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2020, 02:09 PM
 
6,943 posts, read 12,348,870 times
Reputation: 3542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Yeah, got a new key. I was... ...fortunate (and stupid) to have left the door unlocked by mistake so the locksmith didnt necessarily have to haggle with it to get into it. Geico isn't covering the dealer installed window tint on the Camaro so I had to pay out of pocket for that which sucked.

TBH these trips to and from Atlanta are really starting to get the better of me. I'm going there too often and putting way too many miles on my vehicles and its becoming extremely exhausting going every other week. Also not only did they break into my car and loot it but I also came back dry due to the property flooding and the client wanted to reduce the price of which the seller refused to. (this would literally be my third closing attempt, 1st failed due to the attorney / client catching the virus, 2nd failed due to the riot outbreak, and now this) I left early after that happened. I was supposed to stay the rest of the week but after that happened I just had enough. Now the buyer wants to go back on contract and close next week and there's another buyer interested. I'm not 100% sure what we're going to do but its sounding like I may have to go back again next week, but I'm not taking the Camaro this time.

This is all a family orientated business and the broker cannot easily move to Texas as Texas does not have reciprocity and they don't want to retake all of their exams here in TX so they keep everything in GA and live and work between both states much like myself but it is vastly dysfunctional and I've expressed my concerns about how I can't keep this up forever. I've beenable to do it for so long to this point because I had the ability to work remotely at my last job and of course now because I'm unemployed but the whole window shattering thing gave me a sour taste and I'm being reminded why I left Atlanta to begin with.
you are an adult, just say no or charge them for your full time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2020, 10:35 AM
 
3,787 posts, read 6,082,389 times
Reputation: 1753
Default HEB melon

Right now you can buy Sugar Kiss melons at HEB. I have to say that it has got to be the best melon I've ever had...ever. Seriously delicious.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2020, 10:38 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
13,617 posts, read 30,313,325 times
Reputation: 7195
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
Right now you can buy Sugar Kiss melons at HEB. I have to say that it has got to be the best melon I've ever had...ever. Seriously delicious.
Is that a type of watermelon?

Edit: nvm, looked it up, it is a type of cantaloupe
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top