Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2020, 04:10 PM

11,775 posts, read 7,986,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
My eyeballs are getting crapped up, as are my sinuses.
Yeah I heard some say it plays on ones allergies
I started taking Zyrtec every night starting Wednesday. I would probably be a mess right now if I hadn’t have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 11:19 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
I went over to the Plaza Saltillo Target today (I think it's the closest to my new apartment on Montopolis) and that area was overwhelming for me, even under quarantine. So.many.people. I felt the same way at the Alamo Drafthouse on South Lamar on a Friday night once. I love the idea of being near and in things, but I think I'll drive into it and not live in it. But, on a plus side, I asked one of the cashier at Target if it was okay if I brought my dog in, because I saw one, and she was like "Yes, we love dogs!" and I was like, "Okay..." I have seen them in others and am confused about them being in the store because unlike a Home Depot or Lowe's google doesn't have ny articles saying that it's up to the manager's discretion.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:25 PM

Happy 4th of July Austin

Old 07-05-2020, 01:56 PM

109 posts, read 83,428 times
The amount of fireworks this year was insane. Really enjoyed it

Old 07-05-2020, 02:18 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,325,753 times
Pretty good around my neighborhood in Brushy Creek, and they stopped completely by 11:15!

New York City display was fabulous!

Old 07-05-2020, 07:29 PM

H-E-B was rated the best grocer chain in the U.S.

https://www.businessinsider.com/h-e-...20and%20Costco.

Quote:
For the first time on Wednesday, H-E-B — a regional grocer with over 400 stores in Texas and Mexico — was rated the top US grocer in a report from data science firm Dunnhumby.

The San-Antonio based grocer rose from its fourth-place ranking last year and beat out grocers like Trader Joe's, Walmart, and Costco.
I didn't make a thread over this because it really belongs in the San Antonio forums but wanted to share with the Austinites. Of all super markets I've been to throughout the country, H-E-B is easily among the best of them.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:25 PM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
I am not widely familiar with all the grocers out there, but locally they are (imho) well above their competitors. And that isn't just from a shoppers experience, but also their corporate policies and community support/outreach.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
I am not widely familiar with all the grocers out there, but locally they are (imho) well above their competitors. And that isn't just from a shoppers experience, but also their corporate policies and community support/outreach.
In Atlanta we had Krogers, Publix (kind of like a larger version of Randall's), Ingles (mostly dead), Whole Foods (duh), Sprouts (duh), Neighborhood Wal-Mart's. We 'used' to have Cub Foods and Win-Dixie

In Chicago we had Food Lion, Jewel-Osco, Trader-Joes

In Seattle we had Fredy-Myrers (owned by Kroger but much larger and carries more than just food, almost like Wal-Mart), QFC (also reminds me of a larger version of Randall's), and Safeway.

I can't really think of anything that comes close to HEB. Publix was pretty good but lacks the community feel HEB seems to endorse.

Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 PM

15,268 posts, read 35,619,033 times
Publix is where I shopped when I was on-site in Georgia and it seemed like a reasonably good place to shop, although I always felt like I was in a foreign land. Not their fault, though .

Old 07-05-2020, 11:09 PM

28 posts, read 23,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
In Atlanta we had Krogers, Publix (kind of like a larger version of Randall's), Ingles (mostly dead), Whole Foods (duh), Sprouts (duh), Neighborhood Wal-Mart's. We 'used' to have Cub Foods and Win-Dixie

In Chicago we had Food Lion, Jewel-Osco, Trader-Joes

In Seattle we had Fredy-Myrers (owned by Kroger but much larger and carries more than just food, almost like Wal-Mart), QFC (also reminds me of a larger version of Randall's), and Safeway.

I can't really think of anything that comes close to HEB. Publix was pretty good but lacks the community feel HEB seems to endorse.

I miss Fred Meyers - loved one stop shopping especially the clothing, good brands at a decent price. They did a fair amount of local sponsorships too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin