U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 08:59 AM

17 posts, read 1,969 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I am planning to build a home in the Austin area and love the way Taylor Morrison builds their homes! The one thing is, I wanna know more than how nice the model home is. Do you guys know if Taylor Morrison in the Austin Area builds good quality homes or if they are horrible quality? Also, if anyone has built one of their homes, please tell me what your experience was with them!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 02:32 PM

20 posts, read 5,591 times
We were looking at them (formerly william lyons) near wells branch and really liked the design and the build seemed about par with Meritage and M/I homes which have decent reputation. The sales person was helpful but she seemed a bit scattered brain (probably due to huge influx of people coming in and checking the area, this was november last year)

Old 06-27-2020, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axorb View Post
We were looking at them (formerly william lyons) near wells branch and really liked the design and the build seemed about par with Meritage and M/I homes which have decent reputation. The sales person was helpful but she seemed a bit scattered brain (probably due to huge influx of people coming in and checking the area, this was november last year)
I think that William Lyons is cool too but doesn’t really fit well with Taylor Morrison. I believe I know where your talking about and I have seen the model there too. Are you still considering buying a home?

Old 07-04-2020, 10:06 PM

7 posts, read 1,554 times
Thanks for asking! My husband is really liking the designs of the homes, but we know nothing about the builder, or honestly any other builder in the area.

Old 07-05-2020, 09:23 AM

6,139 posts, read 7,270,793 times
Our house is a Taylor Morrison (back when they were just Morrison). It's 20 years old now, but it has been great. When we replaced our HVAC, everyone that came to do an estimate said they were impressed out how good and large a system the builder put in. We haven't had any issues.

We have the Lancaster plan, that they are still building, I believe, and it has really been perfect for us.

Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Our house is a Taylor Morrison (back when they were just Morrison). It's 20 years old now, but it has been great. When we replaced our HVAC, everyone that came to do an estimate said they were impressed out how good and large a system the builder put in. We haven't had any issues.

We have the Lancaster plan, that they are still building, I believe, and it has really been perfect for us.
Hi!
Oh that’s great to hear! I hope that quality hasn’t downgraded since the merger of Taylor Woodrow and Morrison homes. I am excited for this new journey!

Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftyreader View Post
Thanks for asking! My husband is really liking the designs of the homes, but we know nothing about the builder, or honestly any other builder in the area.
Honestly me too! Their plans and exterior elevations are super classy and they are sure at the top of my list!!
The only thing is prices are a little on the higher side but hopefully that means better quality

Old Today, 08:08 AM

6,139 posts, read 7,270,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanann View Post
Hi!
Oh that’s great to hear! I hope that quality hasn’t downgraded since the merger of Taylor Woodrow and Morrison homes. I am excited for this new journey!
We really haven't had to do any repairs. Everything we've done to the house has either just been maintenance issues or changes we've made for cosmetic reasons. We got 16 years out of our HVAC and water heaters, which is past their life expectancy. And they were actually still going strong when we replaced them, we just wanted to to it before they actually died (nothing like a broken a/c in August).

I actually wish our appliances would have died sooner just to give me an excuse to upgrade them. But they held out forever it seems. We still have the original cook top, which is really dated but still going strong. We're looking to do a kitchen remodel eventually, so that's the only reason I haven't replaced it with something more modern. Again, nothing wrong with our kitchen, just getting dated.

Old Today, 10:08 AM

316 posts, read 654,332 times
Our Taylor Morrison home in Crystal Falls is 8 years old now and we haven’t had any issues.

Old Today, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansZ View Post
Our Taylor Morrison home in Crystal Falls is 8 years old now and we haven’t had any issues.
Hi do you recommend a sales rep at Crystal Falls? We’re looking to buy there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or