U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-27-2020, 10:35 AM
 
43 posts, read 18,938 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Hey guys! One thing that I have noticed around Leander is the massive growth on Ronald Reagan! But before you guys move there I have some notes about what I think about moving up there.
1. Home prices may be relatively cheaper. The prices of homes around the Hwy 29 area are about 350-400k. Which is below most new construction homes in Cedar Park or Round Rock.
2. Communities or mostly master planned if you are looking for new construction. These communities often have great amenities too and are good for families or first-time buyers.
3. A little far from Austin downtown. This area should not be for people who work in downtown. It will be a hassle moving here and commuting to work that far. Usually 40 mins plus!
4. Planned new construction highway along FM 2243/Leander Road. This highway will run from 183 A in leander all the way down to 2243 in Georgetown / Southwest Bypass. You can learn more about this at https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/g...in/112918.html. The full project plan renderings is here: http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot...ect-limits.pdf
5. Schooling is okay but depends...
Schools located in the Leander ISD area are better than Georgetown and Liberty Hill area but most homes up there aren’t zoned to Leander except for a new community behind Valley Vista East called Bluffview, Reagan’s Overlook and Palmera Ridge/ Bluff Development.
Leander ISD zoned homes also have a higher tax rate compared to Liberty Hill ISD.
AVOID GEORGETOWN ISD! Liberty Hill and Leander are okay, but Georgetown should be avoided at all costs. From experience, student development is lacking in that district and you should steer clear...
6. New commercial retail! Right now, many people are not considering homes in that area due to lack of retail stores. Right now, there may be nothing, but in 10 years there will be huge development that will look somewhat like Cedar Park right now!
7. The roads themselves. Ronald Reagan is almost always busy at every hour of the day! However, there is usually no stop lights needed to turn into the neighborhoods as there are many lanes for traffic.
8. What communities are there? Well, there are many good communities in that area but I will list the ones I know of.
Santa Rita Ranch (Northern Part) - Georgetown ISD
Santa Rita Ranch South - Liberty Hill ISD
Morningstar - Georgetown ISD
Bar W Ranch - Liberty Hill ISD *Tax rate slightly lower than Leander ISD zoned areas.
Valley Vista (East and West) - Liberty Hill ISD *Tax rate slightly lower than Leander ISD zoned areas.
Bluffview on San Gabriel - Leander ISD
Reagan’s Overlook - Leander ISD
Palmera Ridge and Palmera Bluff - Leander ISD (Not as great as Reagan’s Overloook and Bluffview as zoned to different LISD schools) *High tax rates caused by Palmera Ridge MUD

Please research more info on tax rates using WCAD maps and searching up the parcels in the neighborhood.

———

I hope I helped you do you research on homes on this area. If you have more questions, you can ask them below.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2020, 12:12 AM
 
2 posts, read 1,399 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks for great information! What area do you consider best for investment.There may be lot of retail and other development coming in future but what is the rental prospects in current state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2020, 06:00 AM
 
Location: Not Weird, Just Mildly Interesting
399 posts, read 462,911 times
Reputation: 586
I completely agree that this area is not Austin-commute friendly.

The Reagan corridor is going to become a total mess as it is developed. It's already starting. Now, before the Leander City Council, is a plan for a mega mixed-use development in the Reagan/2243 intersection (SW corner, if I recall correctly). My drive in the last three years has gone from 20 to 35 minutes, even with just the beginnings of development. It's already getting bad.

But if you're going to bash an ISD, you need to say why, not just because you say so. When we moved to this area, I fell for the Round Rock ISD is the best! attitude, and really, it's not. My child essentially lost a year in that district, but flourished with great teachers at GISD. Now, it has its issues - ahem, Fred Brent, I'm looking at you and your b.s. and terrible personnel decisions - but to do a blanket statement like that isn't responsible.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2020, 01:43 PM
 
7,117 posts, read 12,582,930 times
Reputation: 3689
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCguy512 View Post
Yall already destroyed Best of The West, nothing good is gonna be left in a few years.
loved best of the west.. really sucks that people that came later could get them shut down.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2020, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
9,697 posts, read 9,530,954 times
Reputation: 8951
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNCguy512 View Post
Yall already destroyed Best of The West, nothing good is gonna be left in a few years.
Yeah, just like the interlopers killed the old Austin Skeet Range on 2222 .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2020, 11:25 AM
 
7,117 posts, read 12,582,930 times
Reputation: 3689
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Yeah, just like the interlopers killed the old Austin Skeet Range on 2222 .
Im sure austin rifle club is going to be next. I can shoot on my property within the city limits (>50 acres), but I only do it suppressed and subsonic so I dont rile up my neighbors who would absolutely freak out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2020, 12:22 PM
 
43 posts, read 18,938 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS75 View Post
Thanks for great information! What area do you consider best for investment.There may be lot of retail and other development coming in future but what is the rental prospects in current state.
If you were looking to invest in homes than Santa Rita Ranch South or Bar W Ranch would be great choices. Bar W Ranch Boulevard is connected with Via de Sienna across the street and will eventually connect thru Larkspur Park Boulevard as well, the main road in larkspur. That subdivision will be massive and commuters would highly depend on the new road to get access to 183 faster. But, because the neighborhood is super new, rentals may not be in such high demand. Maybe Santa Rita Ranch South is a better idea.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2020, 12:24 PM
 
43 posts, read 18,938 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS75 View Post
Thanks for great information! What area do you consider best for investment.There may be lot of retail and other development coming in future but what is the rental prospects in current state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving Arizona View Post
I completely agree that this area is not Austin-commute friendly.

The Reagan corridor is going to become a total mess as it is developed. It's already starting. Now, before the Leander City Council, is a plan for a mega mixed-use development in the Reagan/2243 intersection (SW corner, if I recall correctly). My drive in the last three years has gone from 20 to 35 minutes, even with just the beginnings of development. It's already getting bad.

But if you're going to bash an ISD, you need to say why, not just because you say so. When we moved to this area, I fell for the Round Rock ISD is the best! attitude, and really, it's not. My child essentially lost a year in that district, but flourished with great teachers at GISD. Now, it has its issues - ahem, Fred Brent, I'm looking at you and your b.s. and terrible personnel decisions - but to do a blanket statement like that isn't responsible.
The schools that Santa Rita Ranch North are zoned to are rated very poorly in GISD. Overall test scores are below average as well. I do not bash independent school districts without research too. Round Rock ISD is a great school district, as long as you don’t go to Far East!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2020, 12:27 PM
 
43 posts, read 18,938 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving Arizona View Post
I completely agree that this area is not Austin-commute friendly.

The Reagan corridor is going to become a total mess as it is developed. It's already starting. Now, before the Leander City Council, is a plan for a mega mixed-use development in the Reagan/2243 intersection (SW corner, if I recall correctly). My drive in the last three years has gone from 20 to 35 minutes, even with just the beginnings of development. It's already getting bad.

But if you're going to bash an ISD, you need to say why, not just because you say so. When we moved to this area, I fell for the Round Rock ISD is the best! attitude, and really, it's not. My child essentially lost a year in that district, but flourished with great teachers at GISD. Now, it has its issues - ahem, Fred Brent, I'm looking at you and your b.s. and terrible personnel decisions - but to do a blanket statement like that isn't responsible.
Also, many red lights will be put up on Ronald Reagan boulevard. Some I know of are one right by Kaufman Loop, and one right by Santa Rita Ranch Boulevard. I expect one to also be added by Bar W Ranch/ Via de Sienna as well.

This will make traffic way worse but safety is a priority...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2020, 05:26 PM
 
43 posts, read 18,938 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanann View Post
Hey guys! One thing that I have noticed around Leander is the massive growth on Ronald Reagan! But before you guys move there I have some notes about what I think about moving up there.
1. Home prices may be relatively cheaper. The prices of homes around the Hwy 29 area are about 350-400k. Which is below most new construction homes in Cedar Park or Round Rock.
2. Communities or mostly master planned if you are looking for new construction. These communities often have great amenities too and are good for families or first-time buyers.
3. A little far from Austin downtown. This area should not be for people who work in downtown. It will be a hassle moving here and commuting to work that far. Usually 40 mins plus!
4. Planned new construction highway along FM 2243/Leander Road. This highway will run from 183 A in leander all the way down to 2243 in Georgetown / Southwest Bypass. You can learn more about this at https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/g...in/112918.html. The full project plan renderings is here: http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot...ect-limits.pdf
5. Schooling is okay but depends...
Schools located in the Leander ISD area are better than Georgetown and Liberty Hill area but most homes up there aren’t zoned to Leander except for a new community behind Valley Vista East called Bluffview, Reagan’s Overlook and Palmera Ridge/ Bluff Development.
Leander ISD zoned homes also have a higher tax rate compared to Liberty Hill ISD.
AVOID GEORGETOWN ISD! Liberty Hill and Leander are okay, but Georgetown should be avoided at all costs. From experience, student development is lacking in that district and you should steer clear...
6. New commercial retail! Right now, many people are not considering homes in that area due to lack of retail stores. Right now, there may be nothing, but in 10 years there will be huge development that will look somewhat like Cedar Park right now!
7. The roads themselves. Ronald Reagan is almost always busy at every hour of the day! However, there is usually no stop lights needed to turn into the neighborhoods as there are many lanes for traffic.
8. What communities are there? Well, there are many good communities in that area but I will list the ones I know of.
Santa Rita Ranch (Northern Part) - Georgetown ISD
Santa Rita Ranch South - Liberty Hill ISD
Morningstar - Georgetown ISD
Bar W Ranch - Liberty Hill ISD *Tax rate slightly lower than Leander ISD zoned areas.
Valley Vista (East and West) - Liberty Hill ISD *Tax rate slightly lower than Leander ISD zoned areas.
Bluffview on San Gabriel - Leander ISD
Reagan’s Overlook - Leander ISD
Palmera Ridge and Palmera Bluff - Leander ISD (Not as great as Reagan’s Overloook and Bluffview as zoned to different LISD schools) *High tax rates caused by Palmera Ridge MUD

Please research more info on tax rates using WCAD maps and searching up the parcels in the neighborhood.

———

I hope I helped you do you research on homes on this area. If you have more questions, you can ask them below.
Update:
Tax Rates for Leander ISD zoned communities are actually lower than communities zoned to Liberty Hill ISD.
Sorry about that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top