U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 09:04 PM

49 posts, read 130,991 times

Advertisements

Two years ago we made are way to Austin with hopes and dreams like everyone else ,and two years as gone bye to see Austin with that many more people , and and the thought of getting on to 35 heading to what was a sleeping little town of Buda each moring .
I find myself just taking back on how the pipe dream is giving me a real mean slap in the face ,wake up pal your getting no where fast !
And so just wonder what its all worth ?
My child no longer likes to go to the park ,having a form of Austism as left him being asked to many tames my his peers "what's wrong with you "
Funny when your trying to hard to find a place that seems perfect you find yourself in the conner looking out at what your not ....
Just went to fit in and wishing the stars for my child to find his little groups of pals where ever then my be ...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 09:14 PM

648 posts, read 1,838,109 times
As a mom, I'm sorry you are feeling down. Do you know of any Autism support groups? I'm sure they exist. Remember, you son is lucky to have a parent like you.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:02 PM

9,247 posts, read 25,102,533 times
Hays County Family Support Network...meets at Buda Elementary school. I just found it by googling. I'm also sorry to hear that you are still having a tough time of it. I remember you have posted before. I think it's so important that we as parents try and teach our kids about being more sensitive to people who are developmentally different than them. If my daughter asked someone that question I'd sit down and try and explain it to her and that she can still play with the person, although she may have to be aware of different ways to interact.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:43 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,304,883 times
Hang in there buddy!!

Last edited by Mike78613; 04-29-2008 at 08:58 PM..

Old 04-29-2008, 08:43 PM

1,133 posts, read 3,960,182 times
I'm sorry your little man is getting picked on. Kids can be so mean. Sounds like a good idea to hook up with the support group that love roses found. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>