U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2020, 11:34 PM

43 posts, read 18,938 times

Advertisements

Hi guys!
I’ve heard that there has been news about a new multi use district coming to Leander on Ronald Reagan Blvd right by the planned 2243 txdot highway. What are your thoughts about this? It seems like this kind of district is what Leander needs to strive but again it could just be a big flop. Also, do you guys know of any retail coming to this area as well? Leander/Liberty Hill needs some major retail or else growth won’t continue.

Thanks!
Dan
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 12:03 AM

6,538 posts, read 2,674,849 times
When you said 'planned' 2243 TXDOT Highway, at first I didn't think you knew what you were talking about, but holy crap.. it looks like they really are considering upgrading it to a freeway or tollroad

https://www.txdot.gov/inside-txdot/g...in/112918.html

I was unaware, I use that road to get to I-35. It isn't -terrible- but I guess its better proactive rather than retroactive.

I know nothing about the shopping center. I'm kind of wanting to see whats going to happen to the planned 'Downtown' Leander in light of Covid-19

Old 07-29-2020, 04:46 PM

20,816 posts, read 40,114,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
When you said 'planned' 2243 TXDOT Highway, at first I didn't think you knew what you were talking about, but holy crap.. it looks like they really are considering upgrading it to a freeway or tollroad

I was unaware, I use that road to get to I-35. It isn't -terrible- but I guess its better proactive rather than retroactive.

I know nothing about the shopping center. I'm kind of wanting to see whats going to happen to the planned 'Downtown' Leander in light of Covid-19

Oh, damn, another nice country road turned into a six lane freeway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bdMSCdw20

Old 07-29-2020, 07:03 PM

43 posts, read 18,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post

Oh really? I guess news hasn’t spread yet about it. Well about the Northline/ Downtown Leander district, the mayor Troy Hill kind of said it was kind of a disaster and that he regrets giving them money. That’s why he wasn’t really in favor of this project either.

To be honest, those plans for the freeway will probably turn Leander into a huge destination and bring tons of traffic. I believe those plans are supposed to be completed within 10 years and it was just put into Leander’s Master Plan.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:37 PM

6,538 posts, read 2,674,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Oh, damn, another nice country road turned into a six lane freeway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bdMSCdw20
Well like I’ve stated I take it fairly regularly and don’t really have an issue with it aside from the occasional driver doing 10 under the limit that you can’t pass.

A freeway there at this time does seem kind of overkill but it’s better than waiting for it to get all built up anyway (which is happening anyway) with no real connectivity like 620. I do kind of wish they could do without the access roads though like they did on 45 South
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin