Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:28 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,390,208 times

Advertisements

I use Verizon and it's the only service (and I've tried a LOT of them because I HAVE to have good service) that doesn't give me lots of dropped calls. In fact, it's the only carrier where I can actually get service inside my house or anywhere around it (all the others required me to stand in one square foot next to the plum tree in my yard and not move my head left or right or the call would be dropped, if I could get through at all - receiving calls was impossible).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 09:54 PM

368 posts, read 1,785,143 times
That's good to know, as our contract is up come November, and I've been wondering if we should change. I've had Verizon since, sheesh, '99, but that's 'cause they were literally the only company with at least a spotty mountain signal.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 AM

71 posts, read 163,186 times
I've been researching this pretty heavily the last couple days, here's what I've found:

LOTS of negative feedback/opinions from Sprint and AT&T customers - both from store owners locally, and from online outlets.

Mixed reviews of T-Mobile

Mostly positive reviews of Verizon

However...After visiting a few different stores and talking with "experts", I chose a Blackberry Curve, on T-Mobile's service.

Reasons are:
Price (great!)
Hotspot @ home option (basically unlimited incoming/outgoing calls anywhere in the world as long as I'm within range of a decent Wi-Fi connection...which means I always call for free from home, and my signal strength is always killer)
Mostly good reviews RE customer service, etc

I'm officially on day 1 of my 14 day trial with T-Mobile ...I'll post here again in a few days after I get a chance to use it a bunch myself.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM

433 posts, read 1,657,470 times
Verizon, without question.

No dead spots and great Customer Service.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:35 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,287,488 times
I would go for Verizon... I've never had a problem with them in Austin.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:29 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,732,304 times
As someone who travels all over Texas I can tall you that Verizon has the best coverage here. Avoid Spring at all costs.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:54 PM

957 posts, read 3,351,020 times
I had Sprint for many years b/c it was the cheapest, but they're absolutely horrible. Dropped calls all the time, I roam in my own house, and I could never send texts due to poor signals. I decided to stop being cheap and shop around for better, albeit more expensive service. It is not just about the phone, it is also about the towers that are placed and Sprint just didn't cut it.

So then it was b/w AT&T and Verizon. AT&T was a tad cheaper, but when I had to borrow friends' phones, there was quite a bit static and regardless of what their commercial says, there were dropped calls. I went ahead and chose Verizon and to make a long story short, I couldn't be happier. Service is great and I have not had but one issue with their customer service since I have been with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin