U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2020, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Avery Ranch, Austin, TX
8,469 posts, read 14,456,749 times
Reputation: 3664

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanann View Post
As I noticed you posted about Rancho Sienna, that part of Georgetown is rapidly changing. And as I said new developments I know of are getting announced publicly very soon. What part of Round Rock are you looking at? Some parts of it may not be so desirable.
Rancho Sienna is a good example of NOT being in "Georgetown". Most folks wouldn't know if that's G-town or Leander or Cedar Park. It's in the ETJ of G-town, not in the city limits and there's 10 miles of highway before you even get to the "square". You're much closer to the developments in "Leander" and Cedar Park than Georgetown. You'd be hard-pressed to figure out what ETJ you are actually in while driving up/down Ronald Reagan.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2020, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Central Texas
20,787 posts, read 39,676,561 times
Reputation: 24183
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Rancho Sienna is a good example of NOT being in "Georgetown". Most folks wouldn't know if that's G-town or Leander or Cedar Park. It's in the ETJ of G-town, not in the city limits and there's 10 miles of highway before you even get to the "square". You're much closer to the developments in "Leander" and Cedar Park than Georgetown. You'd be hard-pressed to figure out what ETJ you are actually in while driving up/down Ronald Reagan.

Rancho Sienna is at this point half in Georgetown, half in Liberty Hill, technically and per the addresses.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2020, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Avery Ranch, Austin, TX
8,469 posts, read 14,456,749 times
Reputation: 3664
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Rancho Sienna is at this point half in Georgetown, half in Liberty Hill, technically and per the addresses.
Yep, the city limits and ETJ maps for each of those cities look like jigsaw puzzles that got rain on and are missing a few pieces
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2020, 08:40 AM
 
36 posts, read 10,421 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Yep, the city limits and ETJ maps for each of those cities look like jigsaw puzzles that got rain on and are missing a few pieces
Yeah that area is kind of a big mess. I just wanted to say that after she posted about Rancho Sienna so I assumed that’s what she meant for “Georgetown”.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2020, 11:31 AM
 
222 posts, read 96,779 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanann View Post
Yeah that area is kind of a big mess. I just wanted to say that after she posted about Rancho Sienna so I assumed that’s what she meant for “Georgetown”.
The address is considered Georgetown so assumed it was in Georgetown as that is the town on the listing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2020, 09:44 PM
 
Location: Avery Ranch, Austin, TX
8,469 posts, read 14,456,749 times
Reputation: 3664
Quote:
Originally Posted by newintown89 View Post
The address is considered Georgetown so assumed it was in Georgetown as that is the town on the listing.
Being in the ETJ of a city is quite different from being IN a city. Having a city's name on the mailing address may mean nothing except that's how the PO delivers the mail. It's as clear as mud
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2020, 04:26 PM
 
222 posts, read 96,779 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanann View Post
As I noticed you posted about Rancho Sienna, that part of Georgetown is rapidly changing. And as I said new developments I know of are getting announced publicly very soon. What part of Round Rock are you looking at? Some parts of it may not be so desirable.
Sorry I have only just seen this. I actually ended up moving into a house in Leander!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2020, 07:49 AM
 
36 posts, read 10,421 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by newintown89 View Post
Sorry I have only just seen this. I actually ended up moving into a house in Leander!
Great choice! It’s closer to Austin than Georgetown but offer many more perks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2020, 08:37 PM
 
37 posts, read 27,667 times
Reputation: 12
Internet is the most important thing to me when choosing a location, especially if you work out of the home.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2020, 09:05 PM
 
5,393 posts, read 2,141,344 times
Reputation: 4163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanann View Post
Great choice! It’s closer to Austin than Georgetown but offer many more perks
I think Leander and Georgetown are aprox the same distance to Austin. Main reason I chose Leander was access to Cap Metro Rail.

Edit: Guess I'm wrong, Leander actually is alittle bit closer to Austin.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top