Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 10:09 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
I would be interested to know if you are a trump or biden supporter.

I think you should go to houston.
That's none of your business.
Why must politics be brought into everything? Get a life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 10:20 AM

11 posts, read 4,184 times
Bars are converting into restaurants per code allowed by Texas rules and regulations. They still have to limit capacity like restaurants do, so it is not a crowded bar packed to the gills like one would imagine. COVID will never go away. If you have comorbidities or elderly stay home and mask up when around people/family outside your home.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Right!

Old 09-10-2020, 10:26 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMeow View Post
Bars are converting into restaurants per code allowed by Texas rules and regulations. They still have to limit capacity like restaurants do, so it is not a crowded bar packed to the gills like one would imagine. COVID will never go away. If you have comorbidities or elderly stay home and mask up when around people/family outside your home.
Right, so then mask up in bars and the masks should stay on inside as well.

And many people have comorbidities and not realize it you know...

And of course COVID is here to stay. I'm in disbelief as to the cluelessness of people (i.e. not social distancing even with less capacity, and balking at wearing face coverings). That's here to stay as well until there is a reliable vaccine.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:34 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Being that it's Halloween, most everybody will be wearing a mask anyway, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem like it is on regular non-holiday nights.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:38 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Sounds more like sarcastic humor, a play on how everything is made political these days.

Old 09-10-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post

And of course COVID is here to stay. I'm in disbelief as to the cluelessness of people (i.e. not social distancing even with less capacity, and balking at wearing face coverings). That's here to stay as well until there is a reliable vaccine.
Yes, like your mask helps you as much as you think it does. Most people do not even wear the proper type of mask that would help you anyways nor does it fully enclose around your face like it should. That cloth mask with a lose cotton weave that covid goes right through and out of when people cough yep so protected. But keep on grasping your false sense of security.

If you're scared stay home... you're in control of who you let around you. If some of us do not want to be home anymore then we reap the consequences and if we get sick we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Ive seen the facts and statistics which say me as a healthy person has a 1% chance to die of COVID. I'll take those odds. If you're elderly, have comorbidities, scared then stay home and away from us who go out. These orders should be for you not us who are health and can fight the virus.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:14 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMeow View Post
Yes, like your mask helps you as much as you think it does. Most people do not even wear the proper type of mask that would help you anyways nor does it fully enclose around your face like it should. That cloth mask with a lose cotton weave that covid goes right through and out of when people cough yep so protected. But keep on grasping your false sense of security.

If you're scared stay home... you're in control of who you let around you. If some of us do not want to be home anymore then we reap the consequences and if we get sick we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

Ive seen the facts and statistics which say me as a healthy person has a 1% chance to die of COVID. I'll take those odds. If you're elderly, have comorbidities, scared then stay home and away from us who go out. These orders should be for you not us who are health and can fight the virus.
LOL, ok, so now it all comes out, haha.....

I knew you couldn't "not respond" and I'm sure you're going to also respond to this post because you can't help yourself. A 26 year old colleague of mine - picture of perfect health, fit as me - got Covid 19. Her fight was anything but pleasant. She had to go to the ER shortly after her diagnosis due to decreasing oxygen levels. And you're right, if you get sick, you have nobody to blame but yourselves...but the problem is you people don't keep your illness to yourselves do you?

BTW, I've yet to hear of cases where people have gotten Covid 19 despite wearing masks and practicing good hygiene. Yet you have heard of people getting covid being in tightly packed packed spaces and wearing no face coverings. Um, let's see..the spike in cases in June and July which coincided with the packed bars with people not distancing or wearing face coverings...
doesn't take a rocket scientist.

And FYI, you don't have to stay home and neither does any other person if they don't want to. You SHOULD, if you have any sort of common sense, practice good hygiene and prevent spread by wearing a face covering in public. Why "fight" something like that if you don't have to?

Old 09-10-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:
LOL, ok, so now it all comes out, haha.....

I knew you couldn't "not respond" and I'm sure you're going to also respond to this post because you can't help yourself. A 26 year old colleague of mine - picture of perfect health, fit as me - got Covid 19. Her fight was anything but pleasant. She had to go to the ER shortly after her diagnosis due to decreasing oxygen levels. And you're right, if you get sick, you have nobody to blame but yourselves...but the problem is you people don't keep your illness to yourselves do you?

BTW, I've yet to hear of cases where people have gotten Covid 19 despite wearing masks and practicing good hygiene. Yet you have heard of people getting covid being in tightly packed packed spaces and wearing no face coverings. Um, let's see..the spike in cases in June and July which coincided with the packed bars with people not distancing or wearing face coverings...
doesn't take a rocket scientist.

And FYI, you don't have to stay home and neither does any other person if they don't want to. You SHOULD, if you have any sort of common sense, practice good hygiene and prevent spread by wearing a face covering in public. Why "fight" something like that if you don't have to?

I commented because you were talking about bars. Anyways Bravo for getting me to comment back want a cookie? You made my point though your healthy friend didn't die. Also, Ive had numerous people i know even those who are in the health care profession get Covid regardless of how sanitary they were so... another one of your point nullified. This is my last comment about it... I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. Stay home and watch who you're around like I said... COVID isn't going anywhere. I'll be down 6th Street for HALLOWEEN and you can sulk about it

Old 09-13-2020, 09:52 AM

506 posts, read 510,311 times
I wouldn't be surprised crime rates have risen along 6th Street. So not only you are risking others with COVID, but you're probably going to lose your wallet.

But you do you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: