Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 07:00 PM

242 posts, read 206,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfan760 View Post
One will be paying a premium for "new" when residents selling in the exact same neighborhood will always be competing with new builds for the next 5 years...
Next 5 years?? Try the next 20. Lots of land out there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2020, 10:41 PM

19 posts, read 39,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
You asked about Round Rock before I think as well.

I'm familiar with many communities in RRE and RRW. If you're still interested, let me know. Leander and Liberty Hill have nice views. I'd live there for the hill country access, acreage and if my work is west of 35. If your work is not west, then you might also consider RR as another option. While the homes with the views will be older and too expensive, there's some nice selection and because RR has been established for over 20 years at this point, has a lot more retail and things to do. RR is trying to diversify and attract those without kids so look out for development catered to that demographic as well.
I am considering leander as I work in north Austin and it will be easy for me to commute. I have been looking for something in RR too but so far no luck. I hope something will come up, thanks man

Old 10-22-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelfan760 View Post
I recently looked at Bryson and Rancho Sienna, as others have indicated they are in the middle of nowhere. More importantly, the financials were concerning. I encourage you to look at sales prices over the last 6 months. Just 3 months ago houses were going for $100k less. It does not offer much stability in my opinion. The red flag is when I saw used homes (practically new, 1-2 years old) going for the low to mid $400's in Rancho Sienna while new homes were going for the mid $500's. With it being so far out in my opinion it is very high risk and prone for a significant correction. One will be paying a premium for "new" when residents selling in the exact same neighborhood will always be competing with new builds for the next 5 years...
I know man, I just saw a house in Sarita Valley went from 405k to 510k in 6 months(they removed house from market for 3 months). Deerbrooke and Palmera Ridge is crazier. some homes went +35k in a month. Communities specially in Ronald Reagan are going crazy and I dont know why people are willing to pay so much for a place which has literally nothing close by. My plan is to select a community, lot and start build by next summer. I just hope by that time things will be little less crazy.

Thanks for the help man

Old 11-05-2020, 11:46 AM

43 posts, read 52,805 times
If you are looking for a cheap place, Cross Creek by Brohn Homes has an unbeatable location but the houses may not look as nice.

Old 11-05-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanann View Post
If you are looking for a cheap place, Cross Creek by Brohn Homes has an unbeatable location but the houses may not look as nice.
Thanks man, I will look into it.

Thanks for the help

Old 02-22-2021, 04:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee88 View Post
Oh man, I didnt know that. Is there a way I can see this somewhere? Like a report or something.
That's not true. I live in Carneros Ranch for 6+ months and never heard of any crime here. We have a private community page here where everyone post issues that come up concerning our neighborhood. In fact, we have few residents here who work for local LEAs.

All the homes sold here by builders have video doorbell and people won't be hesitate to put up the videos or inform neighbors if they see anything suspicious.

Old 02-24-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achamp View Post
That's not true. I live in Carneros Ranch for 6+ months and never heard of any crime here. We have a private community page here where everyone post issues that come up concerning our neighborhood. In fact, we have few residents here who work for local LEAs.

All the homes sold here by builders have video doorbell and people won't be hesitate to put up the videos or inform neighbors if they see anything suspicious.
Thanks for the reply. I have bought my home in carneros only and I hope construction will start soon.
I really liked bryson but it was almost sold out and lots were not of my liking.
Palmera ridge was really expensive, I wanted to build home with coventry as I really liked their floor plans and coventry in palmera was very expensive (almost 35k+).
So I chose carneros because of reasonable price, small size (some communities are so big that you have to drive like a mile at 30m/hr speed to reach home) and good connectivity.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:52 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,545,822 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I have bought my home in carneros only and I hope construction will start soon.
I really liked bryson but it was almost sold out and lots were not of my liking.
Palmera ridge was really expensive, I wanted to build home with coventry as I really liked their floor plans and coventry in palmera was very expensive (almost 35k+).
So I chose carneros because of reasonable price, small size (some communities are so big that you have to drive like a mile at 30m/hr speed to reach home) and good connectivity.
Site shows the development "Sold Out" and starting at $421K....that let's me off the hook.

I DO have to wonder how all these new builds held up during the storm. Built with "energy efficiency" in mind, I wonder how they performed during the week of below freezing temps.

Old 02-26-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Site shows the development "Sold Out" and starting at $421K....that let's me off the hook.

I DO have to wonder how all these new builds held up during the storm. Built with "energy efficiency" in mind, I wonder how they performed during the week of below freezing temps.
Not sold but Temporarily Sold out. I think they will be back in market soon.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:00 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,545,822 times
Quote:
Not sold but Temporarily Sold out. I think they will be back in market soon.

So, new lots to offer? A new phase? Could be interesting...but not over $400K for us. We're trying to go in the other direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin