Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2008, 07:46 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,434,427 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever been to the SV Farmer's Market? I was wondering if it is stroller friendly, good for kids? Would it be better for a toddler to walk or keep them in the stroller? I didn't know if it was a dirt field or a parking lot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 07:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
It's in the parking lot. The stroller will keep him close to you and let you look around without having to chase him/her. It can get kinda crowded and it's not very big..tucked away in the corner of the lot.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:45 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Actually, I had not been there for a while and we drove by last weekend...and the thing has gotten huge! At least judging by the cars there...maybe there was something else going on? I asked a co-worker, and they said it had gotten much bigger....

Old 05-02-2008, 10:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
They have a open type center with a makeshift stage where they have music and such.
There are other things that go on in that parking lot as well.

According to their web site this weekend there is a "bus rodeo" in the parking lot. Gee I'd love to see how those buses bronc

Sunset Valley Farmers Market

Old 05-06-2008, 11:00 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,454,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Has anyone ever been to the SV Farmer's Market? I was wondering if it is stroller friendly, good for kids? Would it be better for a toddler to walk or keep them in the stroller? I didn't know if it was a dirt field or a parking lot?
As noted by others, it is stroller friendly because it is set up on the parking lot of the Berger Center. Great for kids although one might be a little cautious because several visitors bring their pets which aren't always kid-compatible.

If you have slightly larger kids, there is usually a "moonwalk" type inflatable jumping exhibit as well as a giant inflatable slide.

Another nicety is that although there are "porta-potty" type restrooms, they are generally clean. In addition, the vendors provide a handwashing station outside the restrooms. The handwashing station is stocked with WARM water, soap, antiseptic, and paper towels. Rather upscale compared to your typical public venue type accommodations!

Finally, for the main event - although there are some services being marketed, the bulk of the market is directed to produce, cheese, breads, meat, etc. and crafts. The produce is of course seasonal but you can find some great things that would be difficult to find at the local grocer (Bibb lettuce is one example). If you want fresh eggs and mushrooms, you'll have to get there early. Such items are among the first to sell out.

Take the kids for a great stroll - just take a little protection from the sun! Also consider taking an ice chest. If you decide to get something, you can put it in the chest, get some ice at the gas station just up the road, and continue about your day without having to go all the way home first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin