Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 10:04 AM

3,834 posts, read 5,760,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsky778 View Post
I have been reading about Texas being bad for allergies and that the humidity is horrible! Is it worse than Florida? What is the yearly weather like in Austin?

Hot, humid and horrible for 4 months...pleasant and temperate for the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 02:35 PM

12,969 posts, read 28,436,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkbry View Post
what is the weather like in houston? I am relocating from Chicago. Will I need corduroys, coats heavier than a leather jacket, and sweater tops?
I think you'd have better luck asking questions about Houston in the Houston forum. And this thread is 4 years old.

But in a word, no.

Not in hot, sticky Houston.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
what is the weather like in houston? I am relocating from Chicago. Will I need corduroys, coats heavier than a leather jacket, and sweater tops?
Why are you asking in the Austin forum? Anyway, I did live in Houston for a short time, 2-3 years, but didn't find the climate much different than here. Still have good friends there. The other Austinites will try to say it's sooooo much more humid there (it's only about 10% more average) and hotter (false), but in reality they're pretty close in heat index. And coming from Chicago, you'll find all of Texas hot. Are you relocating for a job?

Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsky778 View Post
I have been reading about Texas being bad for allergies and that the humidity is horrible! Is it worse than Florida? What is the yearly weather like in Austin?

There is no place in the world with worse humidity than Florida.

Allergies are so different from person to person that you have to understand their cause. In Atlanta for example, many people suffer from the pine tree pollen so badly that they have to take shots every year. Austin has the cedar trees which bother some people every January. Other areas have wheat pollen, oak pollen, etc, etc. So you need to know what you are allergic to.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:18 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
You can leave all of your coats in Chicago. It never gets cold in Houston.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:09 PM

5,867 posts, read 11,924,669 times
Quote:
You might try posting this in the Houston forum - or search the threads there, I'm sure there's been plenty of discussion on the weather!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin