Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2021, 05:16 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Call their doctor’s office or local clinic for guidance.
When my mom did that, they all told her they didn't have any vaccine and didn't anticipate getting any soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 03:33 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
I'm in the 1B group and got my first shot from UT last week.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:38 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Scheduled my second dose of moderna for next Friday morning. Fingers crossed I don’t have any side effects. It’s peak running season and I don’t want to miss a long run. But, I guess better to miss one then to miss them forever.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:21 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,328,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
When my mom did that, they all told her they didn't have any vaccine and didn't anticipate getting any soon.
Disappointing for sure. Just called mine today and got the same answer.... but they’ll “call back” whenever they get some. Yeah, next year maybe.
One would think Baylor Scott & White would have hub status.

Old 01-29-2021, 06:30 PM

361 posts, read 1,163,402 times
Quote:
Disappointing for sure. Just called mine today and got the same answer.... but they’ll “call back” whenever they get some. Yeah, next year maybe.
One would think Baylor Scott & White would have hub status.
Don’t wait for Scott & White. Register with APH, Bell County, FHS, UT, Tarrytown Pharmacy, Brookshire Brothers, and anyone else you can find. Had a friend today have good luck with APH. Another friend went to Bell County last week. It’s not easy, but there are appointments available out there.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:04 AM

Already have been registered with APH & FHS for over three weeks.

Old 01-30-2021, 10:16 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
Quote:
Already have been registered with APH & FHS for over three weeks.
It's my understanding that it's not enough to just be registered. You have to keep checking for appointments. My mom was registered on those sites for weeks. She got an appointment after weeks of checking literally hours every day. Finally, she got lucky and an appointment popped up. But she was never contacted that appointments were available.

Old 02-01-2021, 03:02 PM

I’ve been reading the comments on the Neighborhood/Nextdoor sites how FHS has really screwed up their
“Waitlist” appointment system - that people registered for weeks are getting no notification responses, but some latecomers who register get appointments right away!

What is up with that?

If true, then the state should remove their Hub status and transfer it (and the vaccine shipments) to Baylor Scott & White.

For gawd’s sake, why is there such widespread incompetence in central Texas? APH isn’t any better.

Old 02-01-2021, 03:38 PM

361 posts, read 1,163,402 times
Quote:
I’ve been reading the comments on the Neighborhood/Nextdoor sites how FHS has really screwed up their
“Waitlist” appointment system - that people registered for weeks are getting no notification responses, but some latecomers who register get appointments right away!

What is up with that?

If true, then the state should remove their Hub status and transfer it (and the vaccine shipments) to Baylor Scott & White.

For gawd’s sake, why is there such widespread incompetence in central Texas? APH isn’t any better.
FHS is booking right now! Get on it!

Old 02-01-2021, 07:37 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,120,573 times
Quote:

What is up with that?

not just in texas. Deloitte was paid 44 million for a vaccine management system that was a failure. It was supposed to be used nationwide to track and schedule vaccinations. This forced state and local to have the scramble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin