Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2021, 07:43 PM

8 posts, read 10,841 times

Advertisements

We're a young couple with no kids and don't plan to have kids. We both work 30-35 minutes away from jarrell and we've already looked at houses in our budget. It seems like a good fit for us but I'm curious about a few things.

Are the property taxes high for that area or is that average? Will the property taxes go way up in the near future? I'm seeing houses in my budget with taxes in the $4000-$6000 range online.

Will the jarrell area grow? With it being so close to Georgetown, North Austin, etc... Will big stores like Wal-Mart, target, HEB, etc eventually build in/near jarrell? I see big stores in small towns like Manor, Elgin, Taylor, Hutto, etc. Would jarrell see that type of growth?

Will houses in the Jarrell area go up in value in the next 10 years?

Is there any reason NOT to buy in jarrell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2021, 08:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,685,580 times
It's hella far out from things. Have you been to Jarrell? Have you been to Austin? Have you read any other threads about the market?

Old 02-08-2021, 08:36 PM

8 posts, read 10,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
It's hella far out from things. Have you been to Jarrell? Have you been to Austin? Have you read any other threads about the market?

Yes. I've done a lot of work in Jarrell. It's only about 20 minutes away from North Austin and 10 minutes from Georgetown. The round rock outlets are 15 minutes away. I think places like Elgin, Taylor and Manor are much farther away from Austin or Bastrop and have grown a lot. Everything between Austin and San Antonio along 35 has grown a lot. Belton and Temple are huge. I see lots of potential in Jarrell in the next decade or so. If I'm wrong, let me know. I know a big tornado hit it almost 30 years ago but other than that, is there anything unappealing about Jarrell?

Old 02-09-2021, 05:28 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,685,580 times
Still sounds too far out for me, but I live off Montopolis and 183, do Im not the right perdón to talk to about living out.

Old 02-09-2021, 10:29 AM

11,775 posts, read 7,986,237 times
The issue with Jarrell is pre-pandemic traffic volumes will have you gritting your teeth between Northern Round Rock and 45 and again between 290 and Downtown Austin. Pre-Pandemic commute hours will have you sitting on I-35 for over an hour trying to get into Downtown. Domain, maybe not as terrible but I can still think of better places, but given the current RE market circumstances.. ..I can see why one may be considering Jarrell unfortunately. I would still avoid it though.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 02-09-2021 at 10:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin