Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2021, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 848 times

Advertisements

All,
I'm looking for a few acres of land not too far from Austin. Is Thrall a good area to live or invest? Land price there seems more affordable compare to the west or north or south of Austin. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 09:15 AM

11,791 posts, read 8,002,955 times
I don't know a great deal about Thrall but based on where it is located if you're commuting into Austin area, I would heavily avoid it. I'd imagine any potential tenant for rentals in terms of investment would do likewise. If you are thinking about flipping property, that area probably will not see much appreciation within the near future.

Old 03-15-2021, 01:59 PM

2 posts, read 848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I don't know a great deal about Thrall but based on where it is located if you're commuting into Austin area, I would heavily avoid it. I'd imagine any potential tenant for rentals in terms of investment would do likewise. If you are thinking about flipping property, that area probably will not see much appreciation within the near future.
Thank you very much for your input. Could you please explain a bit more about "if you're commuting into Austin area, I would heavily avoid it". The traffic is worse in that direction compare to others ? (assuming same driving distance).

Old 03-15-2021, 04:57 PM

11,791 posts, read 8,002,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenchu View Post
Thank you very much for your input. Could you please explain a bit more about "if you're commuting into Austin area, I would heavily avoid it". The traffic is worse in that direction compare to others ? (assuming same driving distance).
Its a good drive even from the suburbs of Hutto / RR, It’s isolated from the rest of the metro, no freeways / tollways, have to deal with local traffic along 79 all the way to I-35, then you also have to deal with I-35 which is amongst the worst of all freeways in Austin. It’s just not very commute conducive especially considering Austin’s infrastructure. I can’t imagine any public amenities such as schools / healthcare being strong out that way either. If 79 were to somehow become a freeway and sprawl overtakes it corridor then I would start to consider it but right now I don’t foresee that area growing or appreciating very much.

Old 03-16-2021, 07:59 AM

100 posts, read 89,895 times
It used to be the place where you didn't speed through on 79.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:32 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,475,235 times
it's affordable for a reason...it's far out from the metro. other than building a home and living in it, i'm not sure what type of 'investment' you think you'd be making in a very small largely rural town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin