Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 08:51 AM

596 posts, read 302,317 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping this comment hasn't been addressed before (I can't seem to get the search feature to work on my phone).

My wife and I will be moving into our Round Rock home at the end of September, so I'm trying to get an idea of a good store to outfit it with.

We'll be needing furniture for two bedrooms and a fairly sizable living room. Durability, selection, and competitive pricing will be the main criteria.

Outside of that, I'd like to get the biggest TV I can find for the living room to mount on the wall. It appears to be wired with speakers in the wall already.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 09:45 AM

11,778 posts, read 7,989,264 times
I could be wrong but I haven’t seen anything other than the usual chains as far as furniture stores, Ashley Furniture is in Round Rock. IKEA (yuck) is there too. My personal favorite one though is in DFW, Nebraska Furniture Mart just outside of The Colony on the Sam Rayburn Tollway. They’re also a chain but are scattered about the country typically one store per state and only in a few states currently. Not sure on what it would cost to deliver to Round Rock though.

Edit: oh yes and I forgot, there are a few uber-expensive ones in Domain like RH Gallery and a few others.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 04-16-2021 at 10:01 AM..

Old 04-16-2021, 10:07 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Be careful with anything from Ashley Furniture. Their delivery times post COVID has been horrible. I cancelled an order that I placed in May 2020 that hadn't been delivered by September 2020. I went to Rooms 2 Go after and got my item delivered in like a month. Both of these are in south Austin. Ethan Allan near Shoal Creek Blvd is also a good choice. It really depends on how much you want to spend on your furniture.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:37 AM

550 posts, read 497,717 times
Our house is pretty much a restoration hardware showroom

Old 04-16-2021, 01:16 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,120,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhipps View Post
I'm hoping this comment hasn't been addressed before (I can't seem to get the search feature to work on my phone).

My wife and I will be moving into our Round Rock home at the end of September, so I'm trying to get an idea of a good store to outfit it with.

We'll be needing furniture for two bedrooms and a fairly sizable living room. Durability, selection, and competitive pricing will be the main criteria.

Outside of that, I'd like to get the biggest TV I can find for the living room to mount on the wall. It appears to be wired with speakers in the wall already.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.
It depends on your style. If you want traditional then louis shanks/john williams.

If you want modern then I prefer mitchell gold bob williams for the big pieces

we also like west elm for modern especially for accent type pieces

some people like crate and barrel/ pottery barn/restoration hardware etc. You sometimes can find good deals at the san marcos outlet.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:56 PM

7 posts, read 4,975 times
Crescent House in Cedar Park, by the mall. It's an independent store vs. a chain, has lots of high quality stuff as well as unique pieces. It's small compared to a mega-store, but definitely worth checking out.

Plus, if you make a large purchase, they will have a local church deliver a pie a couple of days later. Yeah, really.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:44 PM

743 posts, read 1,371,094 times
Not sure how much you want to spend, but Living Spaces in Pflugerville is pretty affordable. The showroom is enormous. Delivery is $99 -$139 total, depending on the day of the week delivery is scheduled. A pretty good deal if you're ordering a lot of pieces (might have to wait until all are in stock?)

Quality is mid-range---decent, but not top of the line.

Four Hands has some nice pieces. A step up from Living Spaces.

TCL TVs are really affordable and most have built-in Roku. Can find them at Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. We've been quite pleased with ours.

Old 04-16-2021, 07:47 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakely View Post
Not sure how much you want to spend, but Living Spaces in Pflugerville is pretty affordable. The showroom is enormous. Delivery is $99 -$139 total, depending on the day of the week delivery is scheduled. A pretty good deal if you're ordering a lot of pieces (might have to wait until all are in stock?)

Quality is mid-range---decent, but not top of the line.

Four Hands has some nice pieces. A step up from Living Spaces.

TCL TVs are really affordable and most have built-in Roku. Can find them at Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. We've been quite pleased with ours.
I too like living spaces. It’s get what you pay for at times... the really lower priced stuff isn’t garbage but durability against kids and dog is so-so. They tend not to use particleboard and mdf which is good.

IKEA has its usefulness. I also have wayfair and overstock stuff here and there.

Our home is traditional and I’m transitional

Old 04-16-2021, 10:51 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I could be wrong but I haven’t seen anything other than the usual chains as far as furniture stores, Ashley Furniture is in Round Rock. IKEA (yuck) is there too. My personal favorite one though is in DFW, Nebraska Furniture Mart just outside of The Colony on the Sam Rayburn Tollway. They’re also a chain but are scattered about the country typically one store per state and only in a few states currently. Not sure on what it would cost to deliver to Round Rock though.

Edit: oh yes and I forgot, there are a few uber-expensive ones in Domain like RH Gallery and a few others.

No love for IKEA??? A neighbor replaced all of their kitchen cabs(only about 12 years old) with extra deep IKEA cabs. I would go for those in a flash! Even my ASID certified DW likes many things from IKEA. Once you realize that Swedish meat balls are actually a Turkish dish, IKEA has its place in home furnishings.

Old 04-17-2021, 04:33 AM

596 posts, read 302,317 times
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. Giving some lead time is also a good reminder (but Ashley is out of the question after reading your comment Ashbeeigh). I've also never heard of a TCL TV so I'll have to look into that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin