Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:05 PM

739 posts, read 3,057,311 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

Please see the attachment. How is this area of Cedar Park? We are looking at a great house in the Oakwood Glenn area. Are there tons of shopping and restaurants near by (I assume so with the mall and such)? How is traffic? How long does it take to get to downtown an UT Austin? How about the airport? Does anyone here have any comments on the HOA in Oakwood Glenn?

Thanks for the info. Were going out there in 3 weeks to check things out. The house is awesome from pictures and has all we need AND we can lease it first instead of buying when we first move out.
Attached Thumbnails
How is this area of Cedar Park: Oakwood Glenn between Lakeline Mall and Twin Creeks Country Club-cedar-park.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 09:45 AM

124 posts, read 576,130 times
THere are some nice pockets in that area, but also some not so nice pockets. The area just across Cypress Creek is a little nicer (Especially if you can get right next to Milburn Park). Get across Anderson Mill and just slightly north of Twin Creeks is nice too.

As for prices of homes. The center area of your map is probably in the range of 150K-180K.
Just across Cypress Creek is in the range 175K-210K
And just north of Twin Creeks on the west side of Anderson Mill might be 199K-250K (2200sqfeet or less) and upwards to 500K for bigger homes.

I hope this helps.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the info! We are looking at a 3000 sq foot home for $280k about smack dab in the middle of the red square. When you say not so nice, what exactly do you mean? Is it a safe area?

Old 05-07-2008, 12:20 PM

I know some of those "not so nice" pockets have lots of yards that are not kept up, some might have boats out front.

We just bought a house a year ago in the area a little north of Twin Creeks, but we almost bought a house very close to Old Mill and Sun Chase.

My thoughts of "nice" are... very few cars parked on street, no trash cans, BBQ grills, Boats, RV's, or stuff cluttering the front of the house. I like to see well maintained yards with very few Hoopties (old vehicles) around.

There are definitely "nice" areas in that box you made.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:38 PM

Ah I gotcha. So basically no HOA policing in the somewhat older areas. There is a plus and negative to that I guess. But, other than having some eye sores, do you feel the area is fairly safe?

Old 05-07-2008, 01:13 PM

Oh yea, It's all safe.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:57 PM

28 posts, read 125,086 times
I could be wrong since I am not all that familiar with Cedar Park, but it looks like your map includes other neighborhoods like Anderson Mill West, Cypress Mill, and Lakeline Oaks. You might get some info if you search those neighborhoods as well. Good luck!

Old 05-07-2008, 04:50 PM

76 posts, read 235,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cviewmom View Post
I could be wrong since I am not all that familiar with Cedar Park, but it looks like your map includes other neighborhoods like Anderson Mill West, Cypress Mill, and Lakeline Oaks. You might get some info if you search those neighborhoods as well. Good luck!
You're correct, Lakeline Oaks is nice but don't buy a house that butts up next to the apartments there if you value privacy but overall a nice subdivison. Cypress Mill is also nice, the only one I'm not too familiar with is Anderson Mill West. Other subdivsions not yet mentioned is Ranch at Cypress Creek (which is right next to Milburn Park) and also Hunters Glenn.

I live in Cypress Cress which is a subdivison that is split between El Salido parkway. Basically it's located just south of Milburn Park (across the street). Overall the area is very good. Lots of people walking dogs, jogging etc... very family oriented. One thing I love is all the trees, actually nice to see homes with native trees on the lot. Another great thing about this neighborhood is it's within walking distance to the Elementary, Middle, and High School.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:40 AM

Thanks everyone for the information. I am super excited to come out in three weeks!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:48 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
I'm going to be showing some homes in that general area this evening. I'll see if I can come up with some more specific info for you while I'm there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin