Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 09:19 PM

66 posts, read 58,763 times

Advertisements

You are right, small Texas town sounds much better here, and probably is correct.

Assuming the following areas: Manchaca, Buda, Kyle, Pflugerville, Leander, Liberty Hill

Can somebody please sort them from most to least desirable, possibly with some arguments for and against? Any of them should be definitely avoided?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 09:29 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
They’re all fine. Pflugerville is the most “Austin” of the ones listed. Manchaca is probably the smallest and is just a blip on 1626 unless you turn onto one of the side roads. Kyle/Buda are interchangeable and just south of Manchaca (it’s pronounced Manchack…don’t ask why). Leander is probably the most pricey right now because they have “Mountain Views” and liberty hill still feels the most out there, but give it five years. Any of these will be over your initial desired commute.

Old 06-17-2021, 11:29 PM

Thank you. By 'any of these', you mean Leander and Liberty Hill, correct?

It's an important decision, so I booked a flight to Austin for Wednesday, planning to stay until Friday. Will try to visit all of those communities to get some impression, maybe skip Liberty Hill because of the commute.

Old 06-18-2021, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumik View Post
Thank you. By 'any of these', you mean Leander and Liberty Hill, correct?

It's an important decision, so I booked a flight to Austin for Wednesday, planning to stay until Friday. Will try to visit all of those communities to get some impression, maybe skip Liberty Hill because of the commute.
By any of these, I mean all of them. Like I said in my very first post, I lived just east of Manchaca for two years and it could take me twenty minutes to get on 35 and then 45 to get to central Austin on any given day, add on another 30 minutes for Kyle/Buda and an extra ten from Manchaca because that’s who I was battling. This was on a normal rush hour day. Someone else can chime in about the north suburbs.

Old 06-18-2021, 07:18 AM

11,777 posts, read 7,989,264 times
Only small sections of Leander has views. You only see them in specific neighborhoods like Travisso which is far west Leander. Most of Leander is just an extension of Cedar Park.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:16 AM

539 posts, read 439,958 times
I stand corrected on Kyle. There are manufacturing facilities coming soon to support Tesla. I'm surprised the facility is on the west side of I-35. Lots of crosstown traffic to deal with, unless they are shipping at night.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:59 PM

Oh, nice. I just realized that some of the communities I'm looking at are located very close to the Landfill Some of them 2 or 3 miles away. Fun.

https://imgur.com/a/n7C9J7x

Old 06-19-2021, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Oh, nice. I just realized that some of the communities I'm looking at are located very close to the Landfill Some of them 2 or 3 miles away. Fun.

https://imgur.com/a/n7C9J7x
There’s plenty that are not by a landfill. But if you don’t want to be by one, don’t live by one. It’s as simple as that. That’s why touted doing your research.

Old 06-20-2021, 09:43 PM

I don't mind the thought of living close to the Landfill, but I do mind the possible bad smell Need to do some research about how many miles are enough to stay 'safe'.

What about areas East of Austin, like Manor or Hutto? Anything wrong with them?

Old 06-20-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I don't mind the thought of living close to the Landfill, but I do mind the possible bad smell Need to do some research about how many miles are enough to stay 'safe'.

What about areas East of Austin, like Manor or Hutto? Anything wrong with them?
Search the forum for them and you’ll see what the forum thinks of them. Nothing has changed since the last few updates. You’d be even further out from downtown from those two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin