Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2021, 01:40 PM

727 posts, read 304,724 times

Advertisements

Joe Rogan lives here now. The discussion is about the homeless situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr6jxOmkGgk

Old 05-26-2021, 03:39 PM

539 posts, read 441,103 times
I think Joe should have been tougher on Adler. The mayor came across as having good intentions towards the homeless, but Adler ignored the public health and endangerment aspect of the current situation towards the general public.

Adler said that camping in the woods leads to criminal activity including the rape of homeless women. Well, Adler, you are advocating for rapists to camp in public parks that our families are using? If they are rapists, shouldn't they be arrested, or is that not allowed, because that is unfairly targeting the homeless?

Adler used housing of the homeless vets as an example as his success and to get sympathy and support for his argument, but when Joe asked him what percentage of the homeless were vets, Adler admitted they represented only 6% of the homeless population.

Lots of talk, no answers from the Mayor.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:33 PM

727 posts, read 304,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeva View Post
I think Joe should have been tougher on Adler. The mayor came across as having good intentions towards the homeless, but Adler ignored the public health and endangerment aspect of the current situation towards the general public.

Adler said that camping in the woods leads to criminal activity including the rape of homeless women. Well, Adler, you are advocating for rapists to camp in public parks that our families are using? If they are rapists, shouldn't they be arrested, or is that not allowed, because that is unfairly targeting the homeless?

Adler used housing of the homeless vets as an example as his success and to get sympathy and support for his argument, but when Joe asked him what percentage of the homeless were vets, Adler admitted they represented only 6% of the homeless population.

Lots of talk, no answers from the Mayor.
I totally agree with you, but I haven't lived here long enough to really have an opinion on the homeless.

Old 05-26-2021, 05:10 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Rogan didn’t challenge any of Adler’s incompetent baloney.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:32 PM

87 posts, read 43,661 times
Good interview. I travel a lot between Austin and Houston; the homeless camps are out of view in Houston but I feel the panhandling is noticeably worse. Although, a lot of the same panhandling techniques I've noticed in Houston (SW side) are making its up to Austin.

I don't know what the solution is, but I think leaving it up to states/cities exacerbates it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin