Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2021, 02:19 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,426,646 times

Advertisements

How long after a property is sold is the owner info updated in TCAD?

Also, my neighbor recently sold his house. Our house numbers are very similar. If you glance at them quickly, it's easy to get them mixed up. We get each other's mail and packages all the time. We also get pizza delivered to the wrong house, airport shuttles, etc. No big deal, we just direct them to the right house.

Well, we just started getting mail for the new owners but with our address. It was mostly all junk you get when you buy a house - trying to sell you insurance, etc. It took me a few days to realize that it must be the new owner of their house. Today we got one that looks official and like it has to do with the homestead exemption.

I reached out to my old neighbor, since we know each other, and I have his contact info. He doesn't have the new owner's contact info, and they haven't moved in yet. But he reached out to both Realtors. The new neighbor's (buyer's) agent said he will be happy to pick up the mail. But my bigger concern is, where is this information entered incorrectly? How would I find this out?

I don't care about getting his mail or getting junk mail, as this already happens even when the address is correct. But I am worried that it has been entered incorrectly somewhere official. I don't want our address legally tied to anyone else.

How do I find that out? Can the Realtor do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 06:15 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,126,724 times
dont know about the mail, but it took 6 months for tcad to register ours. It typically is much faster than that.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
dont know about the mail, but it took 6 months for tcad to register ours. It typically is much faster than that.
The mail isn't the problem; it's more of a symptom. These businesses are getting this info from somewhere. So somewhere it is listed as New Neighbor with Our Address. My concern is I think that somewhere is somewhere official. Like a mortgage, TCAD, title company, etc. I'm afraid that this person's name is tied to our address in some legal realm. And I don't know how to figure out where.

Old 07-09-2021, 05:32 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
The mail isn't the problem; it's more of a symptom. These businesses are getting this info from somewhere. So somewhere it is listed as New Neighbor with Our Address. My concern is I think that somewhere is somewhere official. Like a mortgage, TCAD, title company, etc. I'm afraid that this person's name is tied to our address in some legal realm. And I don't know how to figure out where.
At some point they need to take the responsibility of getting their mail, too. If they’re in town they need to drop by and grab it. If they’re relocating ask a realtor or someone else they know to go grab it. Thank you for caring for them and their mail/important things, but can you control this? Is this something you can help with? (Sorry I got clinical and therapy-ish there). Sometimes you just have to let it go.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
At some point they need to take the responsibility of getting their mail, too. If they’re in town they need to drop by and grab it. If they’re relocating ask a realtor or someone else they know to go grab it. Thank you for caring for them and their mail/important things, but can you control this? Is this something you can help with? (Sorry I got clinical and therapy-ish there). Sometimes you just have to let it go.
I get what you are saying. But it's been happening for the 16 years I've lived here. Things will be addressed properly, but delivered to the wrong house. Picture one house number is 8833 and one is 8838 (they're not, just using that as an example). If you glance at them quickly, there's almost an optical illusion and even though is SAYS 8838, your brain sees it as 8833. If it were just the post office, it wouldn't be bad. But they're actually the best ones about it, since our carrier has the benefit of seeing our names on multiple pieces of mail.

But UPS, FedEx, Uber, every food delivery place, plumbers, airport shuttles, etc. have all done it. They get plenty of our stuff too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin