Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 09:43 AM

6 posts, read 4,425 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My family (spouse, 2 kids and myself) will be moving to Austin by 1st week of August 2021. My work place in Austin is located in North Austin. I am looking to lease a 2 Bed, 1/2 Bath apartment within 6-7 miles radius of North Austin which has access to good elementary schools preferably Indian community.
Can you please guide me in finding a good neighborhood that meets my requirements mentioned above?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 09:55 AM

550 posts, read 498,054 times
You should probably get help from an apartment locator.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:18 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times
I agree with looking for an apartment locator. Look into the area that feeds into Laurel Mountain Elementary School (Round Rock ISD). Great school with large, active Indian community. It also eventually feeds into Westwood High School, which is arguably the best in the Austin area.

Old 07-12-2021, 03:31 PM

483 posts, read 532,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipunkx View Post
Hi,

My family (spouse, 2 kids and myself) will be moving to Austin by 1st week of August 2021. My work place in Austin is located in North Austin. I am looking to lease a 2 Bed, 1/2 Bath apartment within 6-7 miles radius of North Austin which has access to good elementary schools preferably Indian community.
Can you please guide me in finding a good neighborhood that meets my requirements mentioned above?

Your question or one very similar to it has been asked too many times to count. Suggest you try searching the forum and reading some threads and then come back with some questions about specific neighborhoods and how they compare to each other.

Old 07-12-2021, 04:09 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,125,132 times
Quote:
Hi,

the best area for indians feeds into cathy caraway elementary, spicewood elementary and laurel mountain elementary. Laurel mountain has the most south asians.

People tend to live in apartments along the west side of 183 from duval to anderson mill rd. Im not sure of the exact boundaries of each elementary so you should look them up. You generally want to look at the boundaries of canyon vista middle school as grisham doesnt have as many south asian families.

Grisham is roughly 16% asian, probably 8% south asian. Canyon vista is 32% asian and 16% south asian.

If the area is out of your price range, then avery ranch also has a relatively high density of south asians. Pearson ranch middle school is 42% asians.

Here is an example of a school boundary map
https://www.zipdatamaps.com/school/t...dance-zone-map

Last edited by Austin97; 07-12-2021 at 04:17 PM..

Old 07-12-2021, 09:13 PM

6 posts, read 4,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
the best area for indians feeds into cathy caraway elementary, spicewood elementary and laurel mountain elementary. Laurel mountain has the most south asians.

People tend to live in apartments along the west side of 183 from duval to anderson mill rd. Im not sure of the exact boundaries of each elementary so you should look them up. You generally want to look at the boundaries of canyon vista middle school as grisham doesnt have as many south asian families.

Grisham is roughly 16% asian, probably 8% south asian. Canyon vista is 32% asian and 16% south asian.

If the area is out of your price range, then avery ranch also has a relatively high density of south asians. Pearson ranch middle school is 42% asians.

Here is an example of a school boundary map
Thanks a lot for the information shared. I am a newbie to US and is still coming in terms with the schools and its attendance zones.
I have narrowed down couple of elementary schools in Austin and 'Elsa England Elementary' is one among them.

Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

I manged to find a apartment available at 'Shadow oaks' fitting my requirement date. (12148 Jollyville Rd, Austin, TX 78759)
I have a couple of doubts:

1) Is there a way that I can confirm the apartment I found falls under the school attendance zone of
'Elsa England Elementary'?

2) I will be moving to Austin on first week of August but I am not finding any good apartments for lease during these dates. Is there a possibility that Movers provide storage at Austin to store my furniture for 1 month so that I can look for apartments availability in September and live in motels till then? or any other suggestions is much appreciated.

Last edited by Yac; 07-13-2021 at 10:59 PM..

Old 07-12-2021, 09:43 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,125,132 times
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the information shared. I am a newbie to US and is still coming in terms with the schools and its attendance zones.
I have narrowed down couple of elementary schools in Austin and 'Elsa England Elementary' is one among them.

I manged to find a apartment available at 'Shadow oaks' fitting my requirement date. (12148 Jollyville Rd, Austin, TX 78759)

1) Is there a way that I can confirm the apartment I found falls under the school attendance zone of

2) I will be moving to Austin on first week of August but I am not finding any good apartments for lease during these dates. Is there a possibility that Movers provide storage at Austin to store my furniture for 1 month so that I can look for apartments availability in September and live in motels till then? or any other suggestions is much appreciated.

I typically just do a google search for something like

elsa england attendance zone

I didnt realize they are 68% asian (which will generally be about half east asian and half south asian)

Also when you look at a specific house using austinhomesearch.com (the official mls site) it should tell you which schools the home is zoned for

For #2 you should use a realtor or an apartment locator. They are "free" to you as the landlord usually pays their fee.

There is the ability to request school transfers, but they arent guaranteed and high demand schools are often closed for transfers.

Last edited by Yac; 07-13-2021 at 10:59 PM..

Old 07-12-2021, 10:50 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
Not all that close to England ES attendance zone is the apt you mention. Doesn't look far on the map; but I'd guess at least a couple of ESes would be closer. You'd need to be north of 620 and east of Parmer Ln for the England zone.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:16 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,630,016 times
This link should let you tell what address/area goes to what chain of schools:
https://roundrockisd.org/schools/

The address you listed for the apartments (12148 Jollyville Rd) looks to fee Caraway ES, Canyon Vista MS, and Westwood HS.

It has a neat feature where you can zoom the map into the area you are interested in (i.e England ES) and then search for apartments within that range.

Old 07-13-2021, 07:20 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times
Quote:

Elsa England was going to be one of my recommendations, but I didn't mention it because Laurel Mountain feeds into a much better high school. But England is a great school and has a large, thriving Indian community.

Here's an interactive school boundaries map for Round Rock ISD

https://roundrockisd.org/school-boundaries-and-maps/

You can call your movers and ask about storage, but most don't do that. It's possible that your moveres have a place they recommend and get a discounted price for. If not, you can just rent a storage place for a month and have your movers deliver things there. There are a ton of them here. You will have to arrange another move from the storage facility to the apartment you find.

Last edited by Yac; 07-13-2021 at 11:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin