Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2022, 06:05 AM

109 posts, read 122,490 times

Advertisements

Hi

I am considering moving back to austin area from DC . I lived there in 2018 near south lamar and loved it but honestly i know has massively grown since then and i am very much a different person in terms of needs/wants, ( i have no desire to be near the party scene now or large crowds

I am 40 single female, wfh, and looking for peaceful suburb with perhaps some walkabiltiy to shops or something not on a highway. I really like golf, sports, biking, tennis and would love to live near golf course. I enjoy planned commmunities and park settings. I guess i am done with the bar scene but would like to drive to austin for some cultural stuff and hiking of course

I am looking for apartments for rent for now and leaning towards cedar creek, manor, round rock but also open to south suburbs. I love music too so cutlural stuff within the suburb would be great. I am wondering if Georgetown would be good fit given its downtown area and affordablity. I just craving slower pace and access to trails and trees. Not at all into shopping but I remember I liked the outdoor malls like domain because you could walk it so areas with these kinds of developments not a strip mall would be great. Arborretum was nice because it had all the stores within like 2 blocks.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 06:13 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg8910 View Post
Hi

I am considering moving back to austin area from DC . I lived there in 2018 near south lamar and loved it but honestly i know has massively grown since then and i am very much a different person in terms of needs/wants, ( i have no desire to be near the party scene now or large crowds

I am 40 single female, wfh, and looking for peaceful suburb with perhaps some walkabiltiy to shops or something not on a highway. I really like golf, sports, biking, tennis and would love to live near golf course. I enjoy planned commmunities and park settings. I guess i am done with the bar scene but would like to drive to austin for some cultural stuff and hiking of course

I am looking for apartments for rent for now and leaning towards cedar creek, manor, round rock but also open to south suburbs. I love music too so cutlural stuff within the suburb would be great. I am wondering if Georgetown would be good fit given its downtown area and affordablity. I just craving slower pace and access to trails and trees. Not at all into shopping but I remember I liked the outdoor malls like domain because you could walk it so areas with these kinds of developments not a strip mall would be great. Arborretum was nice because it had all the stores within like 2 blocks.

Thank you
If you want a walkable Downtown that’s a slower pace of life, Georgetown was definitely the first and basiclsly only community that popped dingo my mind. I don’t know how many apartment units their adding downtown there, but as far as I know you can traverse most of it on foot pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin