Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:31 AM

9 posts, read 37,026 times

Advertisements

Folks -
We are closing in on which home to buy.

Top of list is a home in Avery Ranch that offers us almost everything we are looking for....EXCEPT...Round Rock schools.

The home is in Leander ISD and the elementary school is Rutledge.
(we're not worrying about middle school for now because that's 5 years out by which time we will have moved - yes, we're a bit nomadic)

(1) Does anyone have any experience or insights with this school?
(2) Will this area be re-zoned to the new elementary in Avery?
Round Rock Independent School District - Elementary Boundary Options By Quadrant (http://www.roundrockisd.org/Boundary/BoundarybyQuadrant.htm#parmer - broken link)

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 08:42 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,464,669 times
Leander ISD is just as good as Round Rock. Better in some ways, because it won't let the school become way overcrowded before building a new one.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:43 PM

485 posts, read 1,958,702 times
Check out greatschools.net and see what the reviews are.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:07 AM

12 posts, read 39,655 times
We are looking at RR and Leander. I am so glad I found the outlet. Can you share anymore info about the schools in both areas? We are moving from an area with outstanding schools. I am a little concerned with the class sizes in RRISD. Any info would help. Also comute info would be helpful as my husband will be working by the Domain?

Old 06-14-2008, 01:28 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,779,419 times
Buy a home on the new rail route. If gas prices stay high it will improve your home value down the road.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:09 AM

1,961 posts, read 6,122,230 times
We are in Avery and our kids attend Ruttledge. It is a very nice school and the middle and high school that it feeds into are great.(Henry Middle and Vista High) Ruttledge is in the middle of Avery so I doubt it will get rezoned. I think the new school will be for the area just north of Avery Ranch.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:00 AM

2 posts, read 23,906 times
Default School wil be Mosty avery only next year

in school year 2009 and 2010. The only kids that will be going to his school will be avery ranch (they are saying that the school will have 750 kids there.

This is my 3rd year that this school and it is the only one that I have been to. I will be changing to another school next year because I don't live in avery ranch.

They have a lot of parent that help out which helps the students. You need to take a tour of the school. I think they do just enough to get by. The scores on this school should go up next year because you are going to be losing all the apartment kids. There are many children that go there that don't speak English as thier first language and I don't know how many will leave next year and go to the new school.

My kids are kindergarder and 2nd grade and they get great grades but they do not do well on the test for state and that is not good to me.
My son is currently taken out of class and they are working with him because he is not doing well but according to his teacher he is fine but he failed the state test they took in January. In january they starting taking him out of class and working with him.

Do I think it is a bad school. no.

Drive to ibm. is not that bad once you get passed mcneil on parmer is moves well.

If you take 183 the only bad area is getting off the toll at the mall if you pay and stay on the toll the only problem is getting across all the traffic that want to turn on 183.

I also think they don't do enough in Kindergarder they introduce stuff and get them reading on a 4 book and then when they start 1st grade they want you to learn all the sounds of all the works that they introduced but did not push much. Your child will have to pick up place and 5 to 16 to get out of 1st grade. my child hated 1st grade and introduction of adding and subtraction.
2nd grade they are not pushing reading at all and now they are starting times and adding and subtraction is not master yet. (My child does not know 8+7 without doing the 8 dot and 7 dots and counting them instead of know that it is 15.

So I will have my work cut out for me this summer.

In a postive note: They do have fun with art and crafts and plays and party that should make school more fun.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:19 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,122,230 times
Actually looking at the boundaries, Ruttledge and the new school (Ronald Reagon) split the the apartments. It looks like the boundary for the new school is Brushy Creek. So south of Brushy stays in the Ruttledge neighborhood. North goes to Reagan and Cox, with the split somewhere west of the break away neighborhood.

I have a different experience from cutie but my kids are a little older so maybe that is the difference.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,491 times
We are moving to the area this summer. Any suggestions on good middle school - Grisham or Cedar Valley or Henry for our 7th grader? we would like to be in Avery ranch area and closer to metro hence picked these 3 Middle schools but couldnt decide which one is really the best. it is so confusing to pick with too many boundaries RRISD /LISD. any help would be appreciated. thanks AKD

Old 03-20-2014, 08:45 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Raghavan View Post
We are moving to the area this summer. Any suggestions on good middle school - Grisham or Cedar Valley or Henry for our 7th grader? we would like to be in Avery ranch area and closer to metro hence picked these 3 Middle schools but couldnt decide which one is really the best. it is so confusing to pick with too many boundaries RRISD /LISD. any help would be appreciated. thanks AKD
This is an incredibly old thread...TWO RR elementary schools were built in Avery since this thread started.

I know some of our regulars like to rehash old threads; but this topic deserves a new thread specific to your questions, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin