Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2023, 06:14 AM

2 posts, read 1,462 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

We just found this 5 bedroom, 5.5 bath home in Cap Rock Estates (Crystal Falls in Leander) that sits on the Crystal Falls golf course that we love, we are relocating to the area and are seriously interested. It is walking distance to Whitestone Elementary, where our son would go, and can easily get to the grocery store (Randalls), Starbucks etc. as its down the street. Beautiful inside and out, well maintained, price well within comps etc.

2212LegendTrail.com is the site of the home
[url]https://tinyurl.com/legend-trail[/url]

We checked out Travisso, and we are curious, what criteria make people not consider Cap Rock Estates/Grand Mesa and consider Travisso instead?

The Cap Rock Estates street (Legend Trail) is gated, on a golf course (no annual fees), within walking distance to school, can get to Target, Costco etc. quickly, HOA is $77 a month etc. When we visit Travisso we had to drive down the busy 1431 with big trucks, fast speeders etc., a rock chipped my rental car window from a gravel truck, then drive deep into the Travisso area to the homes we were considering however we were told it is a popular area.

Do people in Travisso drive their kids out to local elementary schools? If so, which ones? Are they building a school within Travisso? Is there a golf course within walking distance on that side? We asked if we could drive down Crystal Falls to get to Randalls from Travisso and were told no, that we had to drive around down the 1431, why?

We just want to make sure we are not missing anything, appreciate it!

-Barry

Last edited by BigDivot; 08-01-2023 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: link issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2023, 07:58 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,689,106 times
My understanding, from reading threads here during peak covid, and as a city dweller who exclusively drives and thrives between Kyle and 183/35, it’s the views. If you search the forum you’ll see this area was talked about a lot during 2020-2021.

Old 08-01-2023, 11:13 AM

11,778 posts, read 7,992,594 times
I live fairly close to those areas.

Cap Rock also has some views but Travisso seems to have consistently larger homes and is deeper into the foothills of Hill Country than Cap Rock is. Cap Rock on the other hand seems to have more unique landscaping in the actual premises of the property than Travisso does as Travisso to me just seems like a large upscale subdivision that was carved into the Hills but on flat ground wouldn't look much different than any other ordinary upscale neighborhood.

Both areas used to have better views but development within them causes your views to be diminished from that of rolling hills to that of construction or the roof of someone elses house as time progresses. Both areas are also in Travis County, well, Cap Rock has some sections in Williamson County.

Travisso requires you to drive to any school which will likely be deeper into Leander and is controlled by Leander ISD from my understanding. Cap Rock's commute to school will be shorter and easier.

Cap Rock is gated but from my understanding, its HOA (Crystal Falls HOA) is a much more strict and controlling and has terrible reviews. They even issue 'speeding tickets' in the form of 'deed restriction violations' to home owners via speed cameras for going any amount over the posted speed limit from my understanding, not only in the gated neighborhood but even the public roads surrounding them which goes into a plethora of legal concerns but short story is, if you don't pay the fine, they can put a lien on your house.

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/...at-go-too-far/
Crystal Falls HOA Reviews
Crystal Falls HOA Managed Subdivisions (mouse over Neighborhoods)

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 08-01-2023 at 11:25 AM..

Old 08-01-2023, 05:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,462 times
Yes, we inquired on that speeding ticket rumor and in short, it was not implemented nor enforced. Not only the HOA but several residents were clear that local residents are not fined for driving to their own home. I tend to believe them. I don't mind an HOA that enforces rules, we noted some random things in Travisso (many lawns not kept etc.) that stand out for a $1M+ home.

Thanks for your comments on the views. We drove back over to Travisso, and it is rows of homes with very few having unobstructed views, and we were advised the majority of those views will be homes in the very near future. We can already see them clearing the land. I expect being on a golf course will hold more value than a partial view of a hill.

I just cannot imagine having to drive to school on that 1431 everyday, plus when my son gets driving age it will be hell. I asked our agent if they will install another traffic light to slow down traffic on that down slope where people hit 90MPH and she replied "Maybe, I don't think enough people have died yet." I was floored by her response!

Thanks for the feedback!

Old 08-01-2023, 07:13 PM

11,778 posts, read 7,992,594 times
I love occasional drives down 1431 but I would hate to commute on that road. Eventually its going to be another FM 620.

Old 08-02-2023, 12:44 PM

74 posts, read 123,054 times
The bigger question is to where will you be commuting for work? I hope your job allows work from home..

Old 08-08-2023, 04:28 PM

6 posts, read 7,725 times
There is an approved elementary school coming to Travisso in late 2024-2025. You also don't have to drive on 1431. You can drive out of Travisso via Osage that hits Lakeline Blvd. Also, Travisso Parkway will be open to Hero Way/Nameless Road in the upcoming months.

As far as yards not being maintained- we are in a drought. We are on water restrictions. There will always be that yard or two but as far as maintaining value, Travisso has proven it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: