Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 11:33 AM

327 posts, read 754,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGuy View Post
I've got to disagree on this one. Maybe compared to Houston and Dallas, but that sets the bar pretty low.
What a load of crap. Last time I checked Miss USA was from Houston, and no, she's not the only fit and attractive person who lives in the city.

Dallas has long had a reputation for fake and shallow bimbos, albeit very good looking ones. I guess if you count their personality though, a lot of them could be seen as ugly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 12:26 PM

384 posts, read 1,580,662 times
Quote:
Dallas has long had a reputation for fake and shallow bimbos, albeit very good looking ones.
From my visits to Texas, Dallas wins the category for most good-looking women - lots and lots of curvy blondes. I'm not a huge fan of Dallas in other categories, but they do have that right.

No offense to the university in Austin, which has a tremendous number of other positives going for it, but as someone else pointed out, the university just down the road in San Marcos has more to look at :
Quote:
I fear the Top-10% admissions law has helped to slowly diluted the percentage of highly attractive co-eds at UT.

I recommend looking to the campuses in San Marcos or Lubbock if you want to find the thousands of girls who are more interested in being hot than graduating at the top of their high school class.
I guess if you like a population that's mostly pale, male, skinny, and frail, you'll find Austin people very beautiful. For those of us who like lots of women with lots of curves, there are other parts of Texas and the south with more to see.

It's great that everyone has a different idea of beauty, though, or most of us would be out of luck.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:38 PM

746 posts, read 3,726,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatex View Post
From my visits to Texas, Dallas wins the category for most good-looking women - lots and lots of curvy blondes. I'm not a huge fan of Dallas in other categories, but they do have that right.

No offense to the university in Austin, which has a tremendous number of other positives going for it, but as someone else pointed out, the university just down the road in San Marcos has more to look at :

I guess if you like a population that's mostly pale, male, skinny, and frail, you'll find Austin people very beautiful. For those of us who like lots of women with lots of curves, there are other parts of Texas and the south with more to see.

It's great that everyone has a different idea of beauty, though, or most of us would be out of luck.
I think it all depends if you are looking for men or women....considering that Austin is only 45% female, there is simply less to go around and look at, regardless of how pretty the women here are...that being said, the women that are IN austin look plenty hot to me, and ive been everywhere, man, just like johnny cash......Austin chicks come from everywhere, so you get a good mix.....from granola/hippie ones to curvy/voluptuous/insipid blonds, and everything in between..

Old 06-05-2008, 01:49 PM

384 posts, read 1,580,662 times
Quote:
I think it all depends if you are looking for men or women....considering that Austin is only 45% female
Yeah, that ratio's my biggest problem. Austin seriously needs to find a way to improve that percentage

Old 06-05-2008, 02:14 PM

227 posts, read 821,445 times
Quote:
Yeah, that ratio's my biggest problem. Austin seriously needs to find a way to improve that percentage
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/upload/2007/06/singles_map.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-05-2008, 02:18 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,230,171 times
Sure beauty is subjective (i.e. body type, age, coloring, etc...), but there are some basics that *most* people find attractive such as waist-to-hip ratio and how symmetrical the face is. I'm assuming the OP and others are saying that Austin has more women who are scientifically attractive.

Also, I'm trying SO HARD not to make my "I guess I'll fit right in!" joke... but I already made that joke once on this board and making it twice is just pathetic.

Oops.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:41 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,487 times
We went to the Pecan Street Fair in Austin recently and I have never seen so many freaks in one place ever before.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:48 PM

368 posts, read 1,784,951 times
Being born-and-raised in Dallas, in addition to living there for the first 28 years of my life, I can say, after having been to all 50 states, Dallas women are in the top three for looks...Houston is, too. I've yet to decide what area is also included.

They're not all blonde, shallow bimbos, either. My wife would take great offense. I will admit, it did take me a while to find her.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:43 PM

746 posts, read 3,726,767 times
Quote:
For the life of me, I cannot understand why its so skewed(male-female ratio). If anything, Austin is a feminine city. Very arty, accepting, on the gentle side, friendly, sometimes even loving......you would think it would be female-majority. The fact is, tech seems to kick it up a huge notch
male-wise.
I finally figured it out. Chicago, DC, and Manhattan are majority-female because of the large number of finance and other sundry jobs that college educated females flock to. Tech is still hugely a male enterprise, sadly. I would not think tech such a player in Austin, but it really is, though.
even in the burbs, you have dell, and all the others. In the city, tons of it. If we had more corporate and financial jobs, we could swing that ratio, but, tech will always keep Austin on a 55-45 skewing......I have been in clubs with literally a handful of women, and it seems like they all get taken after age 25, the few that are single, anyway.......the only time I see a bunch of single girls, they are college chicks from UT always.........

Austin should have a sign for single guys saying BYOG....Bring your own girlfriend...........god knows there are not a whole bunch to go around!

Old 06-05-2008, 04:12 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,230,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregandvicky View Post
We went to the Pecan Street Fair in Austin recently and I have never seen so many freaks in one place ever before.
Then you've never been to Ventura, CA. I have never seen so many limbless people, drunks yelling at their kids on street corners, or people riding around in rascals because they're too fat to walk in my life!

I have nothing against people who are different, but when you see someone who's missing an arm or a leg every single time you leave your house... you start to wonder what's going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin