Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:14 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,014,187 times

Advertisements

Had 5 Guys Famous Burgers and Fries last week. We need them in TX bad. They put every other fast food burger to shame. I was shocked to find out it was a chain.

Per In-n-Out, I heard the reason they don't expand to the east is that they have their own meat plant and their stores must be in driving distance of it since they only use fresh ground beef.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 12:52 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,614,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
Had 5 Guys Famous Burgers and Fries last week. We need them in TX bad. They put every other fast food burger to shame. I was shocked to find out it was a chain.

Per In-n-Out, I heard the reason they don't expand to the east is that they have their own meat plant and their stores must be in driving distance of it since they only use fresh ground beef.
Show's some coming into TX:

Dallas, TX Coming Soon
13350 Dallas Parkway, Dallas, TX 75240
tel. 972-239-8470
fax 972-239-8420
See Map Location
Dallas, TX Coming Soon
13350 Dallas Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75240
See Map Location
Rosenberg, TX Coming Soon
24004 Southwest Freeway, Rosenberg, TX 77471
See Map Location

Never had it, but seems to rate high with all the other greasy and very heatly fast food hamburger joints

In all honesty, looks like a remake of SHORT STOP

Old 06-19-2008, 01:02 PM

29 posts, read 96,722 times
You must have missed the Krystal across from Ingram Mall.. Still the same burger albeit much more than the 12 cents I remember in my college days in Nashville. Im told there will be another on Culebra before 1604 on the right side of the street..We shall see

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGA View Post
Being from Tennessee originally, we had Krystals (similar to Whitecastles). I really miss the Krystals and whenever i am in the S/E and know there is one around I HAVE to go!
Frozen Whitecastles are close but not the same!

In the absence of Krystals, I love Whataburger! Something about the chopped onions and MUSTARD that makes it what it is!!! Of cpurse, I am just a fast food junky anyway, so I like em all!

Old 06-19-2008, 01:06 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,764,871 times
Wish there was a Whataburger closer,Live in Wichita and the nearest one is Stillwater!Someone mentioned one in California but i think Whataburgers out west..
Are Arizona/New Mexico.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:48 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,014,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
In all honesty, looks like a remake of SHORT STOP
Oh no, not at all. 1/2 lb hand formed patty and hand cut fresh made steak fries...a ridiculous amount of fries. Literally, the lady filled the cup with fresh fries and then dumped two more scoops in the bag. That was a single order of fries.

Imagine if Hut's knew how and cared to make a good juicy burger.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:47 PM

485 posts, read 1,958,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
Imagine if Hut's knew how and cared to make a good juicy burger.
I agree. Have been to Hut's a few times, and I just don't think their burgers are as good as some other places. I know people go there because they have an emotional attachment to the place, but if you want a seriously delicious burger, Hut's isn't it.

Know where there's a seriously delicious burger? Central Market Cafe. Thick, juicy, great bun, fresh lettuce, tomato, onions...I mean it's all freshly made b/c it's made at a grocery store!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:09 AM

4 posts, read 19,083 times
I like it. They had them in NM when I lived there...always much better than the other fast food options, IMO!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:11 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
Ick short stop is gross.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:31 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
I like Whataburger, but after midnight its hard to top a jalapeno chesse burger from White Castle.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:45 PM

384 posts, read 1,580,662 times
I grew up not knowing Whataburger was a "Texas thing," since they've had a presence in Mobile, AL for such a long time.

I did make the mistake of ordering a sausage and egg breakfast plate at the Whataburger in San Marcos, as they forgot to include the sausage !
I had already driven off by the time I opened it. I wrote the company but got no response. Anyway, their burgers are good enough that I've been back, in spite of that one unfortunate experience.

Quote:
My only problem with 5 Guys is how expensive it is. Their burgers are very good, though. I also liked having the bucket of free peanuts at the front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin