Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,127 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much! We think it is a great location and I looked at Greatschools.net and Baranoff seems to have a good rating. I am hopeful everything works out. We are keeping the Villages of Western Oaks as a possibility as well. I hear Mills is great, but I'm not sure about Patton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 PM

3 posts, read 7,301 times
Hi, my husband and I live in the Rim Rock Community off of 1826 (about 7 minutes past Circle C Ranch) and we just love it out here....house prices are in your price range and it is just peaceful and beautiful out here. We have a little over an acre and our house is almost 4000 square feet and we paid around 400K for it.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:47 AM

12 posts, read 36,679 times
I don't know what your budget is, but Circle C and the Village at Western Oaks can be a little bit more pricey. Of course, it is ALL relative to what you can afford. Generally, the further you get from downtown, the less expensive it is. If your husband doesn't have to commute, I'd find something a little more in the country since you may get more bang for your buck. That's just my opinion.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 10-21-2008 at 01:02 PM..

Old 10-22-2008, 06:39 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,799,366 times
You should look into Bee Cave. I'm building a house in Falconhead West. They have the lowest tax rates in all of Austin at only 1.8 and that's before the homestead exemption. Our mortgage payment would be the same as buying something in Steiner Ranch for $50k less. So, if you want more home for your money, check out the different tax rates. Each city, county, school district, water district, etc... is a different tax rate, so you can't just say this city is this rate and this city is that rate as they could cross districts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: