Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 05:34 PM

6 posts, read 39,583 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Does anyone have recommendations on daycare options for a 2 year old. I live in Lakeway but work in Round Rock - so I am looking at the whole 620 strech.

In particular - any thoughts on Childrens Center of Austin (Steiner), Bluebonnet School of Cedar Park, or the Goddard School of Cedar Park?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 05:54 PM

76 posts, read 235,907 times
We just toured Goddard a few weeks ago. Overall impression is excellent, very structured and they have never had a single violation for inspection. They seem to really pride themselves for being a better experience for the kids and parents.

Goddard's cost for infant care is comparable to Primrose (which is off of Lakeline Blvd, about a 1/4 mile from Goddard) and cheaper than Bluebonnet but not sure about toddlers. I wouldn't hesitate to bring my kid to Goddard due to the fact that they seem to give service beyond others.

Bluebonnet would be an easy drop/pickup for you since it's right off of 620. They have a waterpark area for the kids which is nice but seems like a recipe for accidents.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:15 AM

114 posts, read 472,045 times
Ive heard rising start on 620 gets nothing but good reviews. I have interviewed them and they seemed very nice, just didnt go that direction.

As to steiner ccoa, ive heard mixed comments ( we live in steiner).

Also, there s a new montessori opening inside steiner across from the ut entrance.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:12 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
I have heard not so good things about Children's Center in Steiner. My neighbor took her kids out because there was such a high turnover. Also, apparently they recently raised their prices quite a bit. They were supposedly giving the costs of other nearby daycares to compare, but those prices were incorrect.

I would also avoid Nolan's Ark. I used to take my kids there while I worked out at the gym next door. I ended up not going to that gym anymore because I didn't get a good feeling about Nolan's Ark. Seems very unstructured and unorganized. They were often out of sign in/out forms, etc. And it seemed like the people who worked there just literally watched the kids. I didn't see a whole lot of interaction.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 7,121 times
Default Options on 620

I would reccomend looking at First Foundations, I am not sure if they are a full time day care or not, they might just be on preschool hours. They are located behind Wendy's at 620 and Volente. Peace Lutheran (NAEYC accredited preschool) is also a good part time program, and I know the director. I would also check into using care.com. It is a web site that allows you to post ads for nanny's and babysitters and caregivers can also post ads looking for work. If you found someone who could work part time and he could go to school part time and the nanny/babysitter (possibly a college student - we will be getting more out this way with the new Concordia University opening this fall) can pick him up from part time preschool and that way your son can have a social and learning environment and yet still be brought home after daycare and get to take a nap at home or have down time at home. This way if you have to work late or get stuck in traffic, you will not feel pressure to get to the day care before the $1 per minute late charge kicks in. These are just suggestions, but you have to do what is right for your situation.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:11 PM

4 posts, read 20,838 times
You might try One World Montessori on El Salido Parkway right by Bluebonnet. It's not a daycare, but they're opening a new toddler class at the end of August. Austin Montessori | Schools in Austin 18 months to 6 yrs - One World Montessori

Old 10-20-2008, 12:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,441 times
Thumbs up Goddard

The Goddard School is opening a new location in Round Rock on Gattis School Road. 4076 Gattis School Road, Round Rock, TX 78664

www.goddardschool.com

They will be enrolling before the end of october and opening mid november.

You can tour the school in Cedar Park to get an idea of the high quality education they provide young ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin