Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 5,754 times

Advertisements

Hi! We have a 2 year old son who was recently diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder. He has a few behavior traits that have just started to show however, that have made our Behavioral Psychologist and OT suggest that we see a developmental pedi to make sure nothing else is going on. We live outside of Austin but we have had NO LUCK finding any doctor here who can help. Can anyone recommend a great developmental pediatrician in Austin? I am at my wits end trying to find someone and I have no idea where to even start in Austin with this search. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY ANSWERS THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,924 times
did you ever get an answer to this - I am seeking same

Old 04-11-2011, 10:04 PM

29 posts, read 52,440 times
Did your OT and Psychologists have no reccomendations? I am looking for similar things...I have two boys with some special needs, one has ADHD and I have to find a child psychiatrist quickly (we move at the end of the week) and the other has childhood apraxia of speech and SPD. Where I live in IL the school has been helpful in referring me to local resources...have you asked your school?

Old 04-12-2011, 09:10 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,649,461 times
Look into the dev. peds over at Specially for Children. We go to the neuro dept and I know a few folks that o to the dev. peds. They just moved a few months ago to the northside off of Far West, not done by Dells. Good luck.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:02 PM

982 posts, read 3,306,540 times
We have a 2&1/2 year old boy who also has SPD (we suspect - OT thinks so, too). We are having him evaluated for autism/PDD by Dr. Jeff Kerr in June. I found him on my own (I want someone older with more experience for the evaluation), and our pediatrician was very pleased. I know you're looking for a recommendation from someone who has actually seen a physician, but I thought I would chime in anyway. BTW, if anyone knows of any playgroups for kiddos in this age group wtih SPD/PDD, I would love some info on that

Old 04-13-2011, 05:09 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,649,461 times
Mrsenle,goole Texas parent2parent network and I know they have an austin forum. perhaps they know of a playgroup for you. My kiddo has asperers/spd/extreme adhd/dysgraphia. We go to Dr. Karnik at the same practice that Kerr is at. They also might know of something or the OT might have an idea.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:18 AM

49 posts, read 138,519 times
Default finding dentist for pdd child in austin area

Hello ,
Trying to find a dental office that works with kids that have pdd ,can take the time to show him its ok ,He's 12 and is MUCH better then he was just a few years ago ..

PLus I'm trying ti find a school for him to go too ,we're in the 78748 area .

Anyway ,just got layed off and need to get him before the insurance runs out ..

THanks
JP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin