Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:07 AM

110 posts, read 616,218 times

Advertisements

What are the best thai places in town?

Is Southsude Flying Pizza any good? How about Reale?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 PM

67 posts, read 177,177 times
I am not a Thai food expert, but Madam Man's is probably the most popular. Thai Passion (on Congress) is nice but on the fancy side. Kind of a date place.

Southside Flying is Good...many people's favorite. Never had Reale's. This page has most of the pizza places in town with reviews, a poll to vote on, and map of locations

The Best Pizza in Austin

Old 07-25-2008, 01:32 PM

659 posts, read 1,759,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crl826 View Post
I am not a Thai food expert, but Madam Man's is probably the most popular. Thai Passion (on Congress) is nice but on the fancy side. Kind of a date place.

Southside Flying is Good...many people's favorite. Never had Reale's. This page has most of the pizza places in town with reviews, a poll to vote on, and map of locations

The Best Pizza in Austin
Madam Mams is one of the most popular Thai places in town, but Thai Kitchen is better.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:27 PM

139 posts, read 451,065 times
My favorite Thai places are Thai Passion, Satay (on Anderson Lane), and Blue Bamboo - a casual new spot near the Hill Country galleria

Old 07-26-2008, 09:17 AM

20 posts, read 77,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
Madam Mams is one of the most popular Thai places in town, but Thai Kitchen is better.

Madam Mams is very good food,

However more places have popped up since I left Austin that are very comparable.

Exotic Thai on N Lamar is good and there's another one in Westgate area that's a small place and can't remember the name unfortunately.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:36 AM

5 posts, read 19,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithr View Post
What are the best thai places in town?

Is Southsude Flying Pizza any good? How about Reale?
hello,
Asking about pizza, i would heartily recommend Frank And Angies on W. 6th st. also if you are near a Austin pizza, you can get them to deliver, and their pizza is brick oven cooked so you will get a real hot pizza and they also will send you coupons if you sign up for free to receive them. Theres also a pizza place on 29th and Guadalupe called Milto's Pizza Pub, their pizza is also awesome and DELICIOUSSSSS

Old 07-27-2008, 09:23 AM

20 posts, read 77,540 times
Speaking of pizza... there is a place in the Warehouse District.. next to Apple Bar I believe called The Onion or something.. Been a few years since been in the area but remember their pizza being excellent.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:52 PM

412 posts, read 1,751,961 times
For Thai I like Madam Mam's Satay and Thai Passion. Madam Mams and Satay were both started by my friend Saap (sp) but he sold Satay. Madam Mams has two locations one on West Gate across from Westgate and another on the drag. Thai Passion has two locations but I have only ever been to the one in North Austin in that shopping center nextdoor to the blackeyed pea where the at&t mobile phone repair center is and funnybone defensive driving. Satay is on West Anderson Lane right by mo-pac. They are all very good.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:38 PM

67 posts, read 177,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrivers View Post
Speaking of pizza... there is a place in the Warehouse District.. next to Apple Bar I believe called The Onion or something.. Been a few years since been in the area but remember their pizza being excellent.
It is called the Onion and it is very good. Stays open late so it is a great place to grab a slice if you are in the Warehouse district at last call

Old 07-28-2008, 09:51 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,858 times
Reale's is excellent, IMHO - huge fresh authentic pizzas, friendly family-type restaurant. Good for a take-out, a quick meal or even a big family occasion. Love it.

If you like Thai you'll like Vietnamese too! Try Sunflower, it is wonderful - cheap n cheerful but excellent food and BYO booze, but rather conveniently there is a Target right next door.
The Austin Chronicle: Sunflower Restaurant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: