Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:17 PM

786 posts, read 2,752,054 times

Advertisements

The main thing is,
She has the right to think you were trying to pass on the right, (whether true or not)
She has the right to give you the finger,or whatever digit she wants (though it may not be deserved)
She DOES NOT have the right to slam on her brakes in front of your car. That is just insane!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:06 PM

575 posts, read 2,489,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceshots View Post
You gotta love it when there's a cop in the right place at the right time.
Wait a minute there... Only if it's not ME in the "right place and the right time."

Old 07-25-2008, 09:23 AM

114 posts, read 470,689 times
You were flying that danish flag again werent you sputnik....

Old 07-25-2008, 10:02 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,561,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarmer002 View Post
You were flying that danish flag again werent you sputnik....

You bet

Old 07-25-2008, 01:52 PM

681 posts, read 2,903,826 times
This is pretty simple. S6Sputnik noticed too late she was driving a Lexus. Lexus owners make their own rules. Nobody else counts. Case solved. Next?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:48 PM

89 posts, read 417,420 times
WHY do they think they then have to retaliate by cutting people off or slamming on the brakes? Where does this "I'll show them" mentality come from?

Most of these people hind behind their cars, in other words out of the car their little brats. One time down here on highway 21 a guy passed me when I was doing 5 OVER the limit, and he flipped me off !
It really bothered me because I did not do anything at all to cause that. A few miles down the road I noticed his truck at a store so I did what you should not do, I pulled in, walked in the store and the guy (about 5 feet tall) was trying to hind from me. It was pathetic, I turned around and left.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:51 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,260,685 times
Austin drivers suck. You just have to get used to it.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:17 PM

368 posts, read 1,779,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
This is pretty simple. S6Sputnik noticed too late she was driving a Lexus. Lexus owners make their own rules. Nobody else counts. Case solved. Next?
Hey, now....

The reason you get the finger, or whatever, from someone doing something either obviously stupid or rude is because they're retaliating against you actually catching them in the act of idiocy.

Human nature, I guess.

Now, on the Lexus crack. My wife has this same car, an '02 RX300 AWD, and while, yeah, most of the owners are clueless folks who make things up as they go along, not everyone is. We're just less obvious 'cause we fit right in.

That's like saying I'm a rich oil man because my ride is an S-class Mercedes...

It's a 20-year-old S-class, but still.

Nice upside to technological change. Good items become quite affordable rather quickly.

My wife said if I was going to insist on a beater land-yacht, it was going to be a nice one which I'd not have to repair, monthly.

Oh, and we both have out-of-state plates, but they get more laughs than anything... South Dakota. It's for technical reasons related to living in Vegas. Nothing illegit, just saving heaps of money on car insurance/registration.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:27 PM

681 posts, read 2,903,826 times
I rest my case.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 PM

230 posts, read 542,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxs View Post
Here in San Diego when people try that BS I REFUSE to let them in. I'd rather get in an accident then let them in. And I am usually throwing some profanity at them at the same time. I need to be careful since Texas has a lot more guns per person (I would think) than here.

I used to do the same thing but then I decided it is not up to me to police other drivers. It is not worth getting hit to stop an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin