Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
 
12 posts, read 39,649 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

We are relocating and looking at homes in Alta Vista and Lake Pointe. Are there any major differences between them? Our visit to the area was very quick so I do not remember much about the areas just the homes that we liked. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2008, 09:56 AM
 
184 posts, read 1,007,054 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsgal View Post
We are relocating and looking at homes in Alta Vista and Lake Pointe. Are there any major differences between them? Our visit to the area was very quick so I do not remember much about the areas just the homes that we liked. Thanks
Here are a few highlights of these neighborhoods.

Alta Vista:
- Newer homes built by Toll Brothers. Most homes are 2004 and older I think... Toll has mixed reputation.
- Pricey compared to Lakepointe
- About 40 min drive to downtown. RR620 is getting busier every day.
- Gated community
- Exemplary schools: Lakeway Elementary, Lake Travis Middle, Lake Travis HS
- Community pool and exercise room
- I personally dont like the narrow streets and no walking pavements. Looks cookie cutter at times.


Lakepointe:
- Old and new homes built by various builders
- Established neighborhood on Bee Caves Rd, very close to the new mall
- More affordable
- About 25 min drive to downtown
- Exemplary schools: Lakepointe EL, Lake Travis Middle, Lake Travis HS
- Community park (dont know if there is a pool)
- Nicely laid out wide streets with walking pavements
- Ethnic Diversity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2008, 01:50 PM
 
184 posts, read 1,007,054 times
Reputation: 80
Sorry I meant:

Alta Vista:
- Newer homes built by Toll Brothers. Most homes are 2004 and _newer_ I think... Toll has mixed reputation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Texas
835 posts, read 1,322,007 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2austin View Post
Here are a few highlights of these neighborhoods.

Alta Vista:
- Newer homes built by Toll Brothers. Most homes are 2004 and older I think... Toll has mixed reputation.
- Pricey compared to Lakepointe
- About 40 min drive to downtown. RR620 is getting busier every day.
- Gated community
- Exemplary schools: Lakeway Elementary, Lake Travis Middle, Lake Travis HS
- Community pool and exercise room
- I personally dont like the narrow streets and no walking pavements. Looks cookie cutter at times.


Lakepointe:
- Old and new homes built by various builders
- Established neighborhood on Bee Caves Rd, very close to the new mall
- More affordable
- About 25 min drive to downtown
- Exemplary schools: Lakepointe EL, Lake Travis Middle, Lake Travis HS
- Community park (dont know if there is a pool)
- Nicely laid out wide streets with walking pavements
- Ethnic Diversity
Yes there is a pool and a very family oriented atmosphere. Alta Vista is a "Keeping up with the Jones" and Lakepointe is more about the kids and family. Lakepointe also has private swim instructors for the residents and they are inexpensive and LT soccer teams for younger kids play right there at the school. For the same amount of money you would spend with Toll Brothers you could purchase a true custom home that will have better resale value. JMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 04:07 PM
 
12 posts, read 39,649 times
Reputation: 10
Thanks for the input. We are moving from a keeping up with the Jones area in North Texas. We are looking for a laid back area where people keep it real....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2008, 07:59 PM
 
Location: Texas
835 posts, read 1,322,007 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsgal View Post
Thanks for the input. We are moving from a keeping up with the Jones area in North Texas. We are looking for a laid back area where people keep it real....
To give a little story my oldest child lost a tooth in school and we put it under his pillow and he got 4 quarters. Next day he went to summer camp at Lake Travis Elem. only to tell me that his friend in Alta Vista gets $15/tooth. I thought that is why you attend a more practical elem. school in LTISD and live in a laid back neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top