Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 02:30 PM

37 posts, read 152,641 times

Advertisements

Attempted to look up prior postings on wells branch but am over whelmed at trying to scroll through the information to find what i'm looking for.

Need information on the North West Hills/ Wells Branch area.

What are the schools like? Does anyone know how the special education is there? Is it a safe area? What more information could you tell me thats important about the area?

I'm interested in this area because it's more affordable than downtown and is not east of I-35. But after reading reviews on a apartment rating site i'm more than overwhelmed with the "robberies, attempted murders, vandalizations, hispanic gangs" I mean I can go on and on. I've lived in some very shady areas before and I am scared to go back to that. I do have kids and i'm a single mother trying to make my way.

Being close to employment is not a huge deal at this time.

Please help, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 02:41 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,454,259 times
If you're looking for an apartment, definately choose NW Hills over Wells Branch for good schools and a safer area.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:08 PM

6,330 posts, read 17,999,279 times
Quote:
Need information on the North West Hills/ Wells Branch area.
Hi,

Those two areas are non-contiguous and dissimilar. You are posing the question as if they are adjoining, or similar areas. They are different classes of area and price range. Different school districts and ages of homes. In other words, it's odd to see these two areas lumped together in a question.

What are the parameters you seek, maybe that will clarify your question.

Steve

Old 08-24-2008, 08:29 AM

37 posts, read 152,641 times
I'm not sure of the area at all other than when I click on the map locations on the apartment listings. Someone told me to stay clear of East of I-35 that's all I know.

So North West Hills would be pref? Does anyone know much about special education there in North West Hills?

Old 08-24-2008, 08:36 AM

1,035 posts, read 4,454,259 times
LauraB, I don't know specifics about the schools but I wanted to suggest another area. Also try apartments along Jollyville (Arboretum area)...the schools would be good there, too, and I think the apartments are reasonable.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:04 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,039,518 times
Northwest Hills schools would be Doss or Hill elementary, Murchison Middle and Anderson High School in AISD, parts of the Jollyville area could be with the same schools in AISD or spill over in Round Rock ISD.

Doss and Hill are both excellent elementary schools -- exemplary rating. Murchison and Anderson are both very good schools. I have good things about special ed at Anderson but have no details to offer. You need to find the contact person at whatever school you are looking for who handles special ed, 503 accomodations, etc.

And "stay clear of east of I-35" is too general advice to be useful! It eliminates some great areas that are east of I-35 (P-ville, Harris Branch, Mueller, French Place) and ignores some problematic areas west of i-35 (Rundberg).

Old 08-24-2008, 10:12 AM

6,330 posts, read 17,999,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
I'm not sure of the area at all other than when I click on the map locations on the apartment listings. Someone told me to stay clear of East of I-35 that's all I know.

So North West Hills would be pref? Does anyone know much about special education there in North West Hills?
You would benefit greatly from talking with an "apartment locator". They are free to you as they get paid by the apartment complexes if you rent an apartment. Find someone who has been doing it for at least a couple of years and they will know that answers to (almost) all your questions, know where the good deals are, pet policies, schools, etc.

Google austin apartment locator.

Good luck,

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin