Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 05:37 PM

36 posts, read 163,135 times

Advertisements

What are some decent banks that are located in Austin? I don't like BOA b/c I have dealt with them and I won't go back. I have US bank but Austin doesn't so I am looking for a bank that doesn't try and charge fee's for every little thing you do. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 06:13 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,234,406 times
I have Washington Mutual, and I was just in their downtown office today. I have NEVER been treated so nicely in a bank before! My husband & I went in there dressed like shlubs (we needed to wire some money, and had no idea of how to do it), and the (manager) treated us like millionaires. Let us use the fax machine, etc...

I've tried Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and US Bank, but Washington Mutual is my favorite by far.

Hee hee, I sound like a commercial.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:16 PM

230 posts, read 545,164 times
I have an account with Chase, WAMU, BOA and A+FCU. I have not had any issues with any of them. I would try to find a bank that has a location close to you.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:29 PM

543 posts, read 1,741,769 times
I almost never actually go into a bank branch. Use direct deposit and ATM for cash. Lowest fees is most important feature for me. Right now, CapitalOne offers reimbursement of fees when using another bank's ATM. It also offers free online billpay through Quicken. Most other banks charge $10 per month for this.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:13 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,739,779 times
Default Credit Unions

Forget banks altogether is my suggestion. Credit Unions are much more consumer-friendly meaning you won't have to break out the magnifying glass to read the small print or get nickeled and dimed to death.

Example? My UFCU account will automatically transfer money from my savings acct to my checking in case I bounce a check. They charge me $1.50, but considering that most banks would ream me for an overdraft fee of ~$30 - or worse yet process the checks in such an order that you bounce the most checks possible (overdraft check, small check, small check) - it is a great thing..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: