Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 03:23 PM

152 posts, read 850,207 times

Advertisements

Anybody live on the north side of Buttercup Creek? Looking at the aerial photo, it appears that the houses are only less than 1/4 mile from the limestone quarry along Lime Creek Road. Do you find that noise and dust to be an issue?

Also looking at general comments on Buttercup Creek as far as the amenities and other pros and cons living in this area. Is there an HOA and is property tax similar to other areas in Cedar Park? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 03:41 PM

324 posts, read 1,311,581 times
The Quarry is closing.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:15 PM

20 posts, read 61,272 times
Default Buttercup Creek

We lived in Buttercup Creek (Westside Preserve) until about a month ago. We had to relocate due to jobs. We lived there for over six years and loved it!

The neighborhood is full of families (with children and without children). We loved the nature/walking trails, parks, beautiful trees, lots of green space and the pools (HOA, neighborhood and Leander). The schools are great! Our girls loved going to school and playing in the neighborhood. We enjoyed the family events in the area like movies in the park, fireworks during the Fourth of July activities and other community sponsered events. The location is pretty close to everything you might need...malls, stores, groceries, Starbucks, videos, churches, and other wonderful families. My husband was on the HOA board. Our neighboorhood held many neighborhood events.

The taxes are pretty much the same as everywhere else.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 09-05-2008 at 08:58 AM..

Old 09-03-2008, 09:28 PM

152 posts, read 850,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfry View Post
The Quarry is closing.
When? And do you know what they're going to do with land?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM

324 posts, read 1,311,581 times
Default quarry

I drive by most days. It's down to a trickle. I can't remember when the official date is but the history is something like this. The quarry was a lease. when the lease was nearing completion (maybe 10 years out), the city of Austin bought it to dispose of it's sludge. With the Cedar Park population explosion, the city of Cedar Park started to grumble. Then Austin/Cedar Park reached an agreement where Cedar Park was able to purchase it. I'm not absolutely sure, but it is my recollection that it will become parkland.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,615,797 times
Glad to hear that limestone quarry will be closing. The dirty road (mess when it rains) and all the darn semi-trucks. Can't wait for it to be gone. Since I have not been down that road much anymore, I do remember seeing a sign just little past it (limestone quarry) going south they are building a Elementary School (I think).

Old 03-18-2009, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 6,503 times
Hello,

Still have questions about Westside at Buttercup?

Old 10-05-2009, 02:42 PM
wix

2 posts, read 8,142 times
Does anyone have any updates on the Quarry? I'm wondering what they're planning on doing with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra Hunt View Post
Hello,

Still have questions about Westside at Buttercup?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: