U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:24 AM

1,133 posts, read 3,859,135 times

Advertisements

I'm compiling a list of best outdoor dining. So far we've eaten at these places and really enjoyed it:

- Nutty Brown Cafe
- Shady Grove
- Central Market (North, on the patio)
- Satellite (by Circle C)

What else would be good to add to my list? Thanks!

(We went to the Oasis and enjoyed the atmosphere but not the food. )
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 01:07 PM

2,262 posts, read 6,644,937 times
I like Opal Divine's, and yesterday I went to Freddie's Place and liked it. I didn't sit outside, but it looked pretty nice out there. There's a whole play area for kids, which I thought was pretty cool.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:37 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,150,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta hope View Post
I'm compiling a list of best outdoor dining. So far we've eaten at these places and really enjoyed it:

- Nutty Brown Cafe
- Shady Grove
- Central Market (North, on the patio)
- Satellite (by Circle C)

What else would be good to add to my list? Thanks!

(We went to the Oasis and enjoyed the atmosphere but not the food. )
Hey!! So I take you you finally moved here?

Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,156,501 times
The Iron Cactus rooftop

Old 09-06-2008, 04:24 PM

8,654 posts, read 17,305,046 times
Z-Tejas at the Arboretum has an awesome outdoor patio with hill country view. Many of the restaurants on South Congress have outdoor seating, fun for people watching. The Grove on Bee Caves Rd. just west of 360 has a real nice outdoor area under a huge oak. County Line (both locations) have nice outdoor areas.

If you don't mind a drive out to Driftwood, the Trattoria Lisina (Trattoria Lisina: Info (http://www.trattorialisina.com/info.html - broken link)) at the new Mandola Vineyards winery will make you think you are in Napa... outdoor patio overlooks the vineyard, there are little seating areas outside the restaurant and tasting room where you can hang out and drink some wine while you wait for a table.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:46 PM

3,367 posts, read 10,386,551 times
some tips from a previous thread here

Best place to eat on Lake...?

and

Eating outdoors, restaurants & places?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:07 PM

225 posts, read 786,016 times
Day trip to Gristmill in Gruene, awesome place to eat outdoors....

Old 09-06-2008, 10:02 PM

37 posts, read 100,732 times
Freddie's on South Guadalupe - I really like that place and their burgers simply rock.

Igor

Old 09-07-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
Hey!! So I take you you finally moved here?
Nope, not quite yet. We've been househunting and interviewing for jobs. I was finally able to get some interviews after just picking a date to visit and telling people I was in town and available. Guess being proactive was enough to get them off the fence about setting up an interview. Now that I'm here and having face to face time, it seems like getting a job will go a lot smoother than when I was just doing phone interviews.

We found a great house that we love and we're ready to make an offer as soon as I get a job offer... Monday is my last interview so wish me luck! Meanwhile, we've been enjoying patio life... with a few margaritas. The weather has been great while we've been here.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post

If you don't mind a drive out to Driftwood, the Trattoria Lisina (Trattoria Lisina: Info (http://www.trattorialisina.com/info.html - broken link)) at the new Mandola Vineyards winery will make you think you are in Napa... outdoor patio overlooks the vineyard, there are little seating areas outside the restaurant and tasting room where you can hang out and drink some wine while you wait for a table.
We're staying with friends off of 1826 in Hays so we're probably right around the corner. Great suggestion!

Thanks!

I'll also note the other suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin