Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:25 PM

550 posts, read 1,549,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
You know what you describe sound more like chiggers to me than other bugs unless thats your normal reaction to those bugs. Chiggers sort of seem to increase over a couple of days. HEB RX has some chigger stuff behind the counter. Clear nail polish painted over the spots kills the buggers also but the stuff HEB has helps with the itch also. IF it is chiggers wash the bedding in hot water and you should be good to go. Good luck welcome to Texas!
Clear, that's a good idea. Now if I can get my wife to switch I won't have to look like I got the mumps!!LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 07:28 PM

550 posts, read 1,549,653 times
Talking Not the Ashtray!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
yes, the eucalyptus makes the house smell fresh. also wonderful for your vehicle-just soak a cotton pad/ball or two in it, and put it in the ashtray or somewhere. voila! and so much cheaper than buying those car air fresheners!!
Okay Belle not in the ash tray!! I like to have burned my truck up!!! LOL

Old 09-08-2008, 07:56 PM

8 posts, read 6,550 times
welcome to texas

Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,896,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
It also keeps my mother-in-law away since she is allergic to it. I'm always trying to sneak eucalyptus air fresheners into the shopping cart when the wife's not looking.
LOL! Don't do it...you'll pay in the long run.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:06 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,230,171 times
Can I get those eucalyptus bundles anywhere other than Walmart? I don't like to shop there.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,376,939 times
sure anywhere they sell dried flowers. i dont know Austin. i am an hour away.
or just buy any kind of potpourri and douse them with eucalyptus oil. same thang

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
Can I get those eucalyptus bundles anywhere other than Walmart? I don't like to shop there.

Last edited by NOTAM; 09-08-2008 at 09:19 PM.. Reason: add

Old 09-09-2008, 01:06 AM

739 posts, read 3,056,324 times
Man I am so glad the house we are renting has all hard floors. I've gotten a few pretty nasty mosquito bites while outside, but nothing too bad. I usually buy Caladryl Clear on bug bites to relieve the pain.

Old 09-09-2008, 01:27 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
Quote:
Any of the craft stores have them (Micheal's, Hobby Lobby, Garden Ridge). Check Whole Foods, too. They sometimes have them with their flowers, although it is probably considerably more expensive there.

If you have fleas, you can try putting a flea collar in your vacuum cleaner bag or cylander (if it's bagless). It will kill any of them or their eggs when you suck the out of the carpet.

Old 09-09-2008, 02:15 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
To the OP.....is this a new home? existing home? rental home?

& what part of town are you located? If new....who's the builder?

thanks!

(& that "welcome to texas" post had dr. pepper spewing out of my nose. )

Old 09-09-2008, 05:03 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times
Quote:
We moved here a little over a week ago and my husband already has silver dollar-sized itchy welts over 50% of his body. I have smaller bites over about 30%. We're both freaking out.

The mosquitos are in our house! We wake up every morning with new bites. And end each day with still more.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We put in "bug repelling" lights on our front porch & back yard. Not sure that's working. There's no standing water around our house.

What do you all do? Any suggestions? Should I get a bug zapper? Fly paper? Cover myself in DEET every day for the rest of my life?

Help!
I'm gettin eaten here alive in Arizona from the mosquitoes unless I use "Deet" like a head to toe body lotion which I've been doing. I'm so sick and tired of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin