Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:50 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxs View Post
So, my Inlaws are coming into to town and thanks to Hurricane Ike, the UT game I have tickets to was rescheduled for that weekend. My father-in-law is hemiplegic and has expressed a desire to go to the game when they are in town. So, we will probably be selling my two tickets and looking for four together.

However, I have some logistical concerns about the situation. He can walk with a cane and swing his paralyzed leg, but it is very taxing to walk very long distances. How is the handy cap parking for games? Also, is it legal to use an out of state handicap placard in Texas? If not, how does it work for people visiting the state?

Also, I assume there are handrails in UT stadium in all sections to help people go up and down correct?
Here is some information:
Accessibility Map - Stadium Area

http://www.utexas.edu/parking/football.pdf
There are area's for handicap drop-off and some handicap parking, but it's sparse at best. The absolute best bet, but it will cost an arm and a leg is to find a Longhorn Foundation parking pass, being sold for the game or honestly just take a cab that will drop you off at the front gate. There is some handicap parking about 75 yds. from the stadium (between the S. end-zone and the swim center) that goes for $15 I believe, but that will be gone about 2 hours before game time. There is also some prime handicap parking across the street from the main North gate.

If you can get a parking pass that's close in or the coveted handicap parking spot, for sure purchase (prior to game) an End Zone club wrist band. They're roughly $20 each or were 2 years ago, and let you get in 90 minutes before kick-off in a tented fan-cooled area that has food and drinks and entertainment in the S. end zone area. Enjoy and then head on into the game. All together it's a little pricey but if it's just a 1 or 2x/year thing, totally worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,106 times
I have an out of state handicapped placard issued in Hawaii but I now reside in CA. Yes, I am disabled. Can I use my valid out of state handicapped placard from Hawaii in CA? If so, can I use it until it's expired and apply for one in CA once it has expired. If not, do you know what the policy is for out of state placards used in the U.S. including CA?

Thanks.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 839 times
If you are coming to California to visit, you might be able to get away with using your placard(person it is assigned to..make sure you have your paperwork and is in the car) but by law...you are supposed to get a visitor placard from the California Dmv if you have a placard or license plates from out of California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin