Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:36 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times

Advertisements

From my experience lately (not buying or selling, but several co-workers are doing one or the other), 'discretionary' movers are willing to stay in place until they find the right home, but when they do they are willing to paying for it. Two acquintances are selling in the NE part of town (Hutton and Manor) and are having a really hard time getting even lookers out there. Most of the people I know are looking closer in, partially in response to gas prices and partially in response to more traffic (and the potential of even more in the future). Great Hills, Far West, Legend Oaks, and the areas around Wm Canyon/MoPac seem to be very popular places to LOOK, not sure how many will end up there.

One neighbor just recently moved out to Meridian, and they are really disappointed with how slowly it is filling up. They feel a little isolated (not sure exactly where in there they are), so it appears that even Meridian may be considered a little far for some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,434,427 times
Actually, Meridian is selling quite well. The third phase of the 55s has many sold signs. Your neighbor might be in the higher end homes that are over 400 which might be the reason why it is filling up slowly. But, Meridian has over 350 families already and is filling up quickly. It's not far out at all, it takes 15 minutes to the city, 30 minutes with traffic. It is way closer in than most places. It takes only about 8 minutes to get to the Westgate area or Barton Creek Mall.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:08 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
We're listed at $82 a sq ft. I don't see waiting till middle of next year making a big enough difference. IMO it will take much longer than that for the market to recover. I figure if we don't sell now we'll need to wait 3 or so years for the market to recover, and then I have to pull my kids out of middle school, which I would like to avoid.

At this rate we will still be making a profit (albeit a small one ) if it comes down to taking a loss we will definitely reevaluate.
Springbean - Any nibbles / offers yet?

Old 10-06-2008, 04:44 AM

183 posts, read 686,464 times
No offers. We've had 5 showings in 19 days, so I guess that's okay considering the economy and time of year. We have someone coming back for a 2nd showing this week! Keep your fingers crossed

Thanks for checking in

Old 10-06-2008, 08:59 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
No offers. We've had 5 showings in 19 days, so I guess that's okay considering the economy and time of year. We have someone coming back for a 2nd showing this week! Keep your fingers crossed

Thanks for checking in
Heck - I can't believe it's already been 17-days.

Keep us informed. We're looking to put ours on the market in Mid October. I just got to find time and start some painting on the exterior of the house.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: