Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:07 PM

134 posts, read 491,220 times

Advertisements

The area around Teravista (in Round Rock) appears to be a booming area with lots of new developement. I have not noticed any dental offices in the immediate area and I think having one would be a welcome addition. It's not really hill country, but I think it is pretty in its own way and it is extremely convienient to get to everything else. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 01:31 PM

786 posts, read 2,761,844 times
Here is the view off the back of the house we just bought in Dripping Springs. We have probably looked (web or personally) at every house on the market in the area in the $400,000 - $500,000 range in the last year and a half. That took in houses that ranged from 2,800 up to 4,300 sq ft, and lots up to 5 acres.

You have lots of new developments going up, some are master planned with 1/4 to 1/2 acre lots, some are 1 - 2 acre estate subdivisions. These have a mixture or resale and new construction still going on. You also have a number of older neighborhoods that have 1 - 2+ acre lots sprouting off the side of any major road in the area. If you are doing a real estate search by zip code, use 78737 and 78620. That will cover most of the area.

You can also search for the websites for some of these developments by searching for "development name" Austin Texas.

Some of the developments are (in no specific order of preference)
Belterra
HighPointe
Sawyer Ranch
RimRock
The Preserve
Polo Club

Feel free to PM me if you want specific details on some of the searching I did.

Good Luck

Last edited by iceshots; 10-06-2008 at 01:45 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 07:35 PM

109 posts, read 410,090 times
Hi guys,
I've seen this word a lot on the board and I'm not sure what it is....Mopac.
Iceshots-what a view....that's what I'm talking about! However, I think until the practice takes off, we need to be looking around the $300-$350K. Thanks for the zip codes. The zip codes have been the hardest pc. of information to get a hold of.

I was thinking about leasing a house for a year or two and in the mean time purchase the land, but this would mean another move. And the rent in the Austin area isn't cheap. I'm only paying $2,500 to live in a 700K house in California. And after so many military moves, I would like to make this our last. However, don't know how I'm going to do all this at once. It's a little over whelming and I hope everything will slip into place. I have 12 months to do a business plan, secure a loan, lease a building, plus find a home for my family. All this with a husband that will deploy for 6 months starting in Jan. OUCH! I want to organize as much stuff between now and July (his return date) so we can rock and roll upon his return.
By looking at everyones information looks like I should reserve a hotel on the north/northwest side of Austin.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 PM

786 posts, read 2,761,844 times
Mopac is one of the main North-South highways running through Austin towards the west side. It is identified on maps as Loop 1.

I think 300 - 350 would get you in the 2,000 to 2,500 sq ft range. Jump onto austinhomesearch.com and search the zip codes. You can also search for rental/lease properties. This will give you an idea of what would be available in your price range.

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin