Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 03:29 PM

183 posts, read 686,184 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any *inside* information regarding if/when it will be built out? I know it's supposed to be the new downtown Cedar Park, with shopping and rest. within walking distance. Does anyone know if this will ever happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 05:18 PM

116 posts, read 362,301 times
I'm pretty sure it's already happened/happening. My sister lives in the neighborhood Cedar Park Town Center. The neighborhood itself is probably about 80 percent complete, maybe a bit more. They are building a Cedar Park Community Center right next to the neighborhood, and there are already major stores and restaurants finished less than a mile away.... including: Super Target, Petco, Golds Gym, Academy, Chick-fil-a, Spicy Pickle, Rudinos, Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Which Wich, etc.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:37 PM

575 posts, read 2,495,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickledpink View Post
I'm pretty sure it's already happened/happening. My sister lives in the neighborhood Cedar Park Town Center. The neighborhood itself is probably about 80 percent complete, maybe a bit more. They are building a Cedar Park Community Center right next to the neighborhood, and there are already major stores and restaurants finished less than a mile away.... including: Super Target, Petco, Golds Gym, Academy, Chick-fil-a, Spicy Pickle, Rudinos, Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Which Wich, etc.
What about Carl's Jr.? Isn't this where it's supposed to be? I sure hope so. I want to celebrate with a $6 Dollar Restaurant Burger and two Milk Shakes.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,614,939 times
Your talking around where Golds Gym, Super Target, Circuit City, Petsmart, Academy, Hobby Lobby, chick-fil-A, Cinemark Theater, Wild Buffalo Wings (just opened and I went out there today), Ross, Office Depot (or Max), Whic-wich (yummy), couple burger, pizza, smoothy shake joints that are at?

If so........... Yes it's there and Lots lots more to come!!

Lot of stores are popping up around that area.

** I didn't see a Carl J's.
Wish they get a Del Taco in the area.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:51 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
Does anyone have any *inside* information regarding if/when it will be built out? I know it's supposed to be the new downtown Cedar Park, with shopping and rest. within walking distance. Does anyone know if this will ever happen?
If 1431 is the 'Main Street' of this town center, it's hardly a walkable community with a 'town center'. I'm from Atlanta and I've never seen so much concrete and asphalt in one place. I suppose you could park on the north side of 1431 and visit quite a few big boxes and restaurants but you would take your life in your hands trying to cross over to the post office or the WilCo offices. We're in Avery Ranch and are happy to have this area as an alternative to Lakeline, etc but I've yet to see anything that looks like a 'town center'...I thought the sign on 1431 was misplaced!

Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 AM

183 posts, read 686,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
If 1431 is the 'Main Street' of this town center, it's hardly a walkable community with a 'town center'. I'm from Atlanta and I've never seen so much concrete and asphalt in one place. I suppose you could park on the north side of 1431 and visit quite a few big boxes and restaurants but you would take your life in your hands trying to cross over to the post office or the WilCo offices. We're in Avery Ranch and are happy to have this area as an alternative to Lakeline, etc but I've yet to see anything that looks like a 'town center'...I thought the sign on 1431 was misplaced!
CPTC is modeled after this:

Southlake Town Square

I'm just wondering if/when this will happen?!?

Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 AM

324 posts, read 1,311,392 times
i think the town center is accessed next to the target/etc via the same street that takes you back to cedar park regional hospital. so it's my impression that the big boxes are on the fringe adjacent to the town center.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM

957 posts, read 3,350,755 times
Does anyone live here or know someone that lives there? I've considered buying there.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,055,728 times
I'm resurrecting this thread... I'm not sure the question was ever answered. I believe the OP was talking about this: City of Cedar Park - Cedar Park Town Center (http://www.cedarparktx.us/cp/page285299.aspx - broken link)

I'm also curious where this will be. I'm from out of state and considering leasing a home in the DR Horton's Cedar Park Town Center subdivision. I'm just wondering how far this will be/is from the above. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Is this a newer neighborhood within an older one?

Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,542,882 times
Don't kill the messenger but the residential area accessed by driving past the Cedar Park Town Center entrance may be the poster child for the mortgage crisis...many, many resale homes, quite a few looking neglected along side new development and empty lots. The drive-behind parking and trash pickup represent an interesting concept that has been successful in other areas...unfortunately, that adds to the 'abandoned' feel of certain streets in the development.

If there is a concept/plan in motion like the one shown in the link, it is hidden from any area I've been in. There does appear to be a tract of land between the current housing development and 1431 but creating a 'town center' there would be a daunting task, especially given the current economy. If the current homeowners can hang on, the neighborhood may offer a reasonably priced alternative to the MacMansion model. I wish them well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin