Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:29 PM

718 posts, read 2,361,030 times

Advertisements

I have not been reading for the past few days, I am so glad the dogs were found!

Our chocolate lab got out of our back yard last week, I was freaking out for the whole 15 minutes! I found him across a busy road going into Old Settler's Park here in RR. The sad thing is, I saw 2 cars actually try to get him in the car with them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 10:30 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,878,202 times
Really great news that they were found!

Quote:
Originally Posted by statefan View Post
Our chocolate lab got out of our back yard last week, I was freaking out for the whole 15 minutes! I found him across a busy road going into Old Settler's Park here in RR. The sad thing is, I saw 2 cars actually try to get him in the car with them!
Before you jump to conclusions, it is possible that the people trying to get the dog were just trying to keep him out of danger. I've done that before, if I see an obviously lost dog near a busy street. I don't want it to get hit, and believe me some drivers in this town will not even try to slow down if there is an animal in their way.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:37 PM

29 posts, read 85,954 times
yeah definitely padlock your gates. YES if the guy had dropped them at the pound or tried to find the owner, they would have been home sooner. She's just lucky to get them back. The guy barely spoke english.

The dogs are microchipped. Unfortunately, if the finder doesn't take them to the pound or vet to check for a chip, they are worthless. She has GPS collars for them now, but again, worthless if someone takes them and takes off the collars.

her gates are padlocked now. the hell with the city workers...they can make an appt. Cost her $2k in rewards to get them back and vet bills to get them healthy again, from living outside in a ghetto kind of trailer park.

never give up if you lose your pet. When they don't turn up at the pound or a dead dog pickup by city workers, then someone HAS them. That's where the reward paid off.

what a great New Years day gift to get them back! Thx everyone for keeping an eye out for them.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:39 PM

29 posts, read 85,954 times
oh yeah you have to watch out for the ones in the street. i found 2 loose boxers in my town in OK a few months ago. Luckily one had a tag with a phone # to call. The lady was in TX at the time, her sister watching them. She gave me directions to drive them to her mom's house, so all was well.

guess it really depends on who picks them up... if they want a dog or want to find the owner. sad that ppl would take a family pet and just keep it, but getting them off the street is the main thing.

I'm hoping they come out with GPS implants for pets myself! Or tatoo my phone # on them

Old 01-18-2009, 10:40 AM

62 posts, read 201,402 times
I am so glad they were found!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: