Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 11:58 AM

17 posts, read 36,052 times

Advertisements

I am looking for an internal medicine doctor for all my aches and pains. OK just for a check up really, it's been a few years.

I'm pushing 40 and live in the northwest part of Austin by the 360-Pennybacker. Is there anything on Spicewood Springs? I do work for the Seton hosp. network if that helps with any choices. Any and all help is appreciated!!

And also if you happen to know dentist that would be great too!!

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 07:31 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,231,569 times
I just started going to Dr. Kieran Kuykendall.

5608 Parkcrest Dr., Suite 175
Austin, TX 78731
(972) 467-7711

Austin Applied Kinesiology Center-Dr. Kieran Kuykendall - Austin, TX (http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15240724553 - broken link)

He's a chiropractor, but mainly does "functional medicine." He's anti by-the-book "FDA" type of medicine, which I like a lot. He's very into supplements, nutrition, etc...

Anyway, I recommend him. He rules.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:39 PM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,707,169 times
I use Dr Anu Cheda. She is with ARC and her office is at Seton Northwest. I really like her alot and she does Rheumatology and internal medicine.

http://www.austinregionalclinic.com/...ield=Specialty

Old 12-07-2008, 08:00 AM

56 posts, read 234,381 times
Here are a couple of resources that you may want to consider:

Reviews of Internists in Austin: AustinDoctors.com : Internist, Austin and Central Texas area (http://www.austindoctors.com/DoctorSearch.aspx?s=1&scid=6&specialty=Internist - broken link)

Texas Monthly Super Doctors 2008 (Internal Medicine): Super Doctors

The Internist that AGA recommended above is actually spelled "Chadha": AustinDoctors.com : Dr. Anurekha Chadha, MD, Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, located in Austin, TX (http://www.austindoctors.com/Physician.aspx?pid=28858&name=Anurekha+Chadha%2c+M D - broken link)

Hope this helps.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:49 PM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,707,169 times
OOPS! thanks AustinHodge. I did hot have her card with me and did it off the cuff!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:29 AM

543 posts, read 1,740,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinHodge View Post
Here are a couple of resources that you may want to consider:

Texas Monthly Super Doctors 2008 (Internal Medicine): Super Doctors
I asked my otolaryngologist why he wasn't listed as a TM Super Doctor since he is reputed to be amongst the finest in the country let alone the state of Texas. He replied that the Super Doctor designation is not a good guideline to use in choosing a physician. He told me that doctors acquire the honor by advertising in the magazine.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,933 times
Default Super Doctors is NOT pay to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmiguel View Post
I asked my otolaryngologist why he wasn't listed as a TM Super Doctor since he is reputed to be amongst the finest in the country let alone the state of Texas. He replied that the Super Doctor designation is not a good guideline to use in choosing a physician. He told me that doctors acquire the honor by advertising in the magazine.
As the publisher of Super Doctors and Super Lawyers, I want to correct the record.Your doctor is wrong. Doctors cannot buy their way into Super Doctors. The bedrock principle of our organization is complete church/state separation of the selection process and advertising. Advertising will not help one get on, or stay on the list; and not advertising will not hurt one's chances of being selected or staying on the list. We don't begin selling advertising until after the list is frozen. Selections are made in accordance with the process outlined on Superdoctors.com. If your doctor took a quick perusal of the Super Doctors list he will see that most doctors listed do not place ads. If anyone has questions about our process, they may contact me at [EMAIL="bwhite@lawandpolitics.com"]bwhite@lawandpolitics.com[/EMAIL] or our director of research, Cindy Larson at [EMAIL="clarson@superlawyers.com"]clarson@superlawyers.com[/EMAIL]. If you believe your doctor should be considered for inclusion, please send us his name and practice information. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: