Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 06:49 PM

739 posts, read 3,056,324 times

Advertisements

I was told that there are great deals to be had to get cruises out of Galveston due to the recent events. Does anyone have any information on how to get some affordable cruises? I hope to take my wife on one for our 1 year anniversary. All the usual sites seem to be a little high and I was just hoping some locals had a better resource.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 10:12 PM

786 posts, read 2,761,099 times
I've been looking into the Galveston cruises as well. I checked out some of the exclusive discount sites, but found that their "deep discount" prices were the same as showing on the cruise line sites. Sure they were discounted off the list price, but the price was not exclusive to the discount site.

There are some good prices available especially in January and February for Royal Caribbean and Carnival.

If anyone has any sources that are cheaper than the cruise lines direct, I would be very interested as well.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 AM

658 posts, read 2,006,001 times
I get the messages from Vacations to go and the prices seem good to me. These leave from Galveston. I don't know what the cruise lines charge.
http://www.vacationstogo.com/ticker....0&jpw=50&v=326

Last edited by tibbar; 12-16-2008 at 11:29 AM..

Old 12-16-2008, 12:40 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
I get emails from funships@carnivalfunmail.com saying they're having a one day sale. I've not checked it out so it might be the same as the cruise lines. One thing I do know that can save you money on a cruise is if after you book it and know your destinations and times etc., you go online yourself and check out the area attractions which will usually be the same ones they will offer you through the cruise line. However, if you book the excursions yourself rather than go through the cruise line, you can save quite a bit of money (you cut out the middleman). You can grab a taxi at the dock and be at your destination before the people who booked through the cruise line and are therefore using the bus provided for them arrive there.

You can start checking with these places early on and that way you'll know how fast they are selling out for the time slot that you need. Make sure you keep an eye on weather reports before you book if the tickets are non-refundable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin